D.M. Procida

Default Supplier of large briefcase-like tool cases?

I've got a briefcase-sized tool case, about 48x33x18cm. I got it in
Wickes for about £15 - you probably know the kind of thing, it has metal
edging, movable spacers inside, and so on. The kind of thing telephone
engineers tend to drag around with them.

Here's one:
http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/produ...=cpc+catalogue
&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=TLTC03X66

Anyway, I'm after something similar, but bigger. I have a 12-track hard
disk recorder that I want to keep safe in it, and if I can arrange it so
that there's a little ventilation around it and below it, I could even
use it in situ.

The recorder is 44x35x12cm, and needs a bit extra all round, which gives
you an idea of the kind of case size required. All I've been able to
find are much more expensive flight cases, costing £100 or more, and I
don't need anything like that - just a larger tool case. Any idea where
I might find what I'm looking for?

Daniele
Martin Angove

In message ,
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

[...]

Two thoughts spring to mind:

1: Photographic suppliers. Jessops have a range of cases from
280x170x80mm to 480x350x150 (sounds almost right, shame the 350 isn't
400) and 385x235x180mm, own brand, £19.80 to £39.99 and £51.99. Other
suppliers may have similar. Foam is extra, unfortunately. Only mention
Jessops because I happen to have the catalogue to hand.

2: I know you've said you've seen flight cases, but some people will
custom manufacture cases for a lot less money than you might think. Last
one I had made was a few years ago, but we had great service from
Studiocare of Preston (Richard Threlfall). Not to be confused with
StudioSpares, though they also have a good range of cases in their
catalogue.

HTH

Hwyl!

Martin.

--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html
D.M. Procida

Andy Dingley wrote:

http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/steelcase/

Oh, if only it were just a bit bigger, it wopuld be perfect.

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
PJK

"D.M. Procida" wrote in message
Anyway, I'm after something similar, but bigger. I have a 12-track hard
disk recorder that I want to keep safe in it,

No idea of costs but here's an option.

http://tinyurl.com/gmx3

Peter.

Dave Plowman

In article ,
D.M. Procida wrote:
The recorder is 44x35x12cm, and needs a bit extra all round, which gives
you an idea of the kind of case size required. All I've been able to
find are much more expensive flight cases, costing £100 or more, and I
don't need anything like that - just a larger tool case. Any idea where
I might find what I'm looking for?

Sounds like you need something which takes the universal 19" pro audio
width. This makes for expensive cases. ;-) I'll be looking for answers
too.

--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance. *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Andy Dingley

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:50:30 +0100, (D.M.
Procida) wrote:

http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/steelcase/

Oh, if only it were just a bit bigger, it wopuld be perfect.

Got any budget ? We're in Pontypool and can build to order

BigWallop

"D.M. Procida" wrote in message
Andy Dingley wrote:

http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/steelcase/

Oh, if only it were just a bit bigger, it wopuld be perfect.

Daniele

If it's something like that your after, then ask a local blacksmith to knock
something for you. Remember, 1/4'' Checker Plate, like the example is made
of, is bloody heavy. :-))

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

D.M. Procida

BigWallop wrote:

http://codesmiths.com/shed/things/steelcase/

Oh, if only it were just a bit bigger, it wopuld be perfect.

If it's something like that your after, then ask a local blacksmith to knock
something for you. Remember, 1/4'' Checker Plate, like the example is made
of, is bloody heavy. :-))

Just my little joke. Nice as it is, a case for my stuff that I can only
just drag around, gouging tracks in the floor as I go, is probably not
going to turn out to be that practical.

Daniele