Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Removing a Morse Taper Tool - 33 Seconds or Less

Thought this might be useful for some here. I believe I put this out there
before for all to see a while back, but the recent discussions I had offline
with someone in another forum made me think others here might find it
useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Thought this might be useful for some here. I believe I put this out there
before for all to see a while back, but the recent discussions I had offline
with someone in another forum made me think others here might find it
useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

Good tip if you have an industrial DP, but my old Delta and my new
Ridgid neither have a slot for such a tool.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Never ask a barber whether you need a
haircut.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Thought this might be useful for some here. I believe I put this out
there
before for all to see a while back, but the recent discussions I had
offline
with someone in another forum made me think others here might find it
useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

Good tip if you have an industrial DP, but my old Delta and my new Ridgid
neither have a slot for such a tool.

Most of the larger units have Morse Tapers... Most of the smaller bench top
and even some floor models use the Jacobs Taper mount only.

I'm probably going to make a video for that too some day.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 11:57:05 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

Good tip if you have an industrial DP, but my old Delta and my new
Ridgid neither have a slot for such a tool.

I have a Taiwanese bench top drill press I bought many years ago. It has
the slot and the tool came with it. And I don't think a bench top
qualifies as industrial grade.

I guess I'll have to look around if I ever need a new drill press.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Gerald wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Thought this might be useful for some here. I believe I put this out
there
before for all to see a while back, but the recent discussions I had
offline
with someone in another forum made me think others here might find it
useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

Good tip if you have an industrial DP, but my old Delta and my new Ridgid
neither have a slot for such a tool.

Most of the larger units have Morse Tapers... Most of the smaller bench top
and even some floor models use the Jacobs Taper mount only.

I'm probably going to make a video for that too some day.

Actually both mine have Morse and jacobs tapers. My delta Morse taper
started falling out once but I finally got it to stay. Guess they
were just cheap models.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Never ask a barber whether you need a
haircut.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Thought this might be useful for some here. I believe I put this out
there
before for all to see a while back, but the recent discussions I had
offline
with someone in another forum made me think others here might find it
useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

Good tip if you have an industrial DP, but my old Delta and my new Ridgid
neither have a slot for such a tool.

Bummer. My new Delta came with the slot and the tool, IIRC my old Rockwell
did too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 1, 9:29*am, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:
Thought this might be useful for some here. *I believe I put this out there
before for all to see a while back, but the recent discussions I had offline
with someone in another forum made me think others here might find it
useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

See lots of old drifts at flea market tables. The vendors
never know what they are.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Leon" wrote:

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
m...
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Thought this might be useful for some here. I believe I put this out
there
before for all to see a while back, but the recent discussions I had
offline
with someone in another forum made me think others here might find it
useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

Good tip if you have an industrial DP, but my old Delta and my new Ridgid
neither have a slot for such a tool.

Bummer. My new Delta came with the slot and the tool, IIRC my old Rockwell
did too.

The tip was good for one thing, at least: a box of miscellaneous tools-n-stuff
that I bought at an auction a couple years ago had one of those tools in it.

Now I know what it's for.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Leon"
wrote:

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
om...
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

Simple but damn handy.

Morse 4.5 taper? Ignoramus17642 Metalworking 19 January 8th 10 04:51 AM
Morse Taper grinding Jon Elson Metalworking 2 November 3rd 05 04:06 AM
Morse Taper Sticks? Bob Ivey Woodturning 2 October 30th 04 12:41 AM
morse taper Allan Adler Metalworking 6 April 30th 04 01:35 AM
2 Morse taper extender to 3 taper, then 1 inch threading die holder Doug Goncz Metalworking 5 October 21st 03 12:00 PM