Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Festool, what kinda deal is that?

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 4/5/2010 7:33 AM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
On Apr 3, 6:45 pm, wrote:
wrote
.
.
.

Many years ago, Dick Cavett had the CEO of GM on his show, and Dick
asked him if GM could make a car like a Mercedes Benz. The answer was:
"Yes we can, but we'd have to charge the same money as a Mercedes
Benz." (Now, please, don't get into my face about MB not being all
that great... there was a time when they were, but nowadays, meh,
they're just another car company, unlike Audi...*G*.)

For the price they audi be good.

Max

Did you really just say that? Huh? Huh? LOL

Buying them is not too too bad, making them run like a bunny and
keeping them running like a bunny costs lots. LOTS.

I had just written a comment about you and your Audi and decided that you
may have had the 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 which gave reliable and
inexpensive
service. Then I read this comment and deleted my comment. ;~) Had 2
VW's
with Audi parts all over them... Probably the most unreliable and most
expensive to maintain vehicles my wife and I have ever owned. Cool cars
though, when they were not in the shop.

I'm waiting for the Festool truck ... with 6' bed that pulls out to 8',
built-in dust extractor, MFT, and fPadPhonePod.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

You mentioned everything but the ......................Sync.

Max (Got it in two vehicles)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Leon" wrote

Our new home, 30 years ago had all carpet and 10 years later we replace
with expensive carpet. 14 years later replaced with all tile. Tile is
sooooooooooooooooo much easier to maintain and clean and does not stink.
You never reall realize how much a carpet begins to stink until you get
rid of it, permanently. Allergies are not so much of a problem any more
ever with pets.

Ah! Another believer!

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Larry Jaques" wrote

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:39:30 -0500, the infamous "Leon" wrote

Our new home, 30 years ago had all carpet and 10 years later we replace
with
expensive carpet. 14 years later replaced with all tile. Tile is
sooooooooooooooooo much easier to maintain and clean and does not stink.

It's also cold, hard, and much more dangerous. Fall on the carpet and
you get a bump. Fall on tile and you can break bones or crack skulls
and die much more easily. If you go barefoot, it's hard on the feet as
well as being very cold (unless you spend $10k on radiant flooring.)

Methinks we're a full 180 apart on this one.

Cold? We have a difficult time getting cold here in El Paso. We *Love*
cold.

It's not as easy to trip and fall on tile as it is on carpet. G

Barefoot. Ah........the coolness of a tile floor. .........exhilarating.
But Mama don't allow no bare feet here.

Methinks you're right.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:07:31 -0600, the infamous "Max"
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote

Our new home, 30 years ago had all carpet and 10 years later we replace
with expensive carpet. 14 years later replaced with all tile. Tile is
sooooooooooooooooo much easier to maintain and clean and does not stink.
You never reall realize how much a carpet begins to stink until you get
rid of it, permanently. Allergies are not so much of a problem any more
ever with pets.

Ah! Another believer!

Let me ask you pet owners a question: Why do you let your animals go
without showers/baths for weeks when you wouldn't let yourself, mate,
or kids do the same? And then why do you complain when the carpets
stink? I don't get it.

--
In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are
needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:17:07 -0600, the infamous "Max"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:39:30 -0500, the infamous "Leon" wrote

Our new home, 30 years ago had all carpet and 10 years later we replace
with
expensive carpet. 14 years later replaced with all tile. Tile is
sooooooooooooooooo much easier to maintain and clean and does not stink.

It's also cold, hard, and much more dangerous. Fall on the carpet and
you get a bump. Fall on tile and you can break bones or crack skulls
and die much more easily. If you go barefoot, it's hard on the feet as
well as being very cold (unless you spend $10k on radiant flooring.)

Methinks we're a full 180 apart on this one.

Cold? We have a difficult time getting cold here in El Paso. We *Love*
cold.

In the _winter_? Suuuure you do, Max.

It's not as easy to trip and fall on tile as it is on carpet. G

But let the dog drool a bit and you slip and fall on tile. Ouch!

Barefoot. Ah........the coolness of a tile floor. .........exhilarating.
But Mama don't allow no bare feet here.

She prefers slippery socks?

Methinks you're right.

Then you're with me? Together, we can get those cold and dangerous
tile floors banned!

--
In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are
needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And
they must have a sense of success in it.
-- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 6:45 pm, "Max" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote
.
.
.

[...]

Sounds like my Sterling. Only British auto I will ever own.

Had an uncle who was into Audi's. He enjoyed working on cars though, so I
guess they provided him with more opportunity to do so than other brands
would have.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:39:30 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

.... snip

Hmmm. We have more tile than carpet in our house. The Missus likes the
ease of keeping the tile clean. At my insistence, we have carpet in the
master bedroom. Extensive use of "throw" rugs in the other bedrooms and
the bathrooms keeps the tile from chilling sensitive feet.

As for the countertops, I like a "durable" surface even if it breaks
dropped plates and saucers because the plates and saucers are cheaper
(and easier) to replace.

Max (does his own tile work)

Our new home, 30 years ago had all carpet and 10 years later we replace
with
expensive carpet. 14 years later replaced with all tile. Tile is
sooooooooooooooooo much easier to maintain and clean and does not stink.

It's also cold, hard, and much more dangerous. Fall on the carpet and
you get a bump. Fall on tile and you can break bones or crack skulls
and die much more easily. If you go barefoot, it's hard on the feet as
well as being very cold (unless you spend $10k on radiant flooring.)

I'm wit' you on that one Larry. I don't like cold floors. Our bathroom
has tile around the shower area and we've got throw rugs all over to make a
warm path to the appropriate places. Tile lasts well, cleans well, but then
so would bare concrete and both are equally comfortable to feet.

.... snip

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:07:31 -0600, the infamous "Max"
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote

Our new home, 30 years ago had all carpet and 10 years later we replace
with expensive carpet. 14 years later replaced with all tile. Tile is
sooooooooooooooooo much easier to maintain and clean and does not stink.
You never reall realize how much a carpet begins to stink until you get
rid of it, permanently. Allergies are not so much of a problem any more
ever with pets.

Ah! Another believer!

Let me ask you pet owners a question: Why do you let your animals go
without showers/baths for weeks when you wouldn't let yourself, mate,
or kids do the same? And then why do you complain when the carpets
stink? I don't get it.

Around here, the cat is self-cleaning. Since the dog isn't, she lives
outside.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Leon wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 6:45 pm, "Max" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote
.
.
.

[...]

Let me clarify that, I no longer own it and it is the last British vehicle
I ever want to own. Fun car, piece o' crap to maintain.

Had an uncle who was into Audi's. He enjoyed working on cars though, so
guess they provided him with more opportunity to do so than other brands
would have.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:07:31 -0600, the infamous "Max"
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote

Our new home, 30 years ago had all carpet and 10 years later we replace
with expensive carpet. 14 years later replaced with all tile. Tile is
sooooooooooooooooo much easier to maintain and clean and does not stink.
You never reall realize how much a carpet begins to stink until you get
rid of it, permanently. Allergies are not so much of a problem any more
ever with pets.

Ah! Another believer!

Let me ask you pet owners a question: Why do you let your animals go
without showers/baths for weeks when you wouldn't let yourself, mate,
or kids do the same? And then why do you complain when the carpets
stink? I don't get it.

Cats are self cleaning. I have five of them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

CW wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:07:31 -0600, the infamous "Max"
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote

Our new home, 30 years ago had all carpet and 10 years later we
replace with expensive carpet. 14 years later replaced with all
tile. Tile is sooooooooooooooooo much easier to maintain and
clean and does not stink. You never reall realize how much a
carpet begins to stink until you get rid of it, permanently. Allergies
are not so much of a problem any more ever with pets.

Ah! Another believer!

Let me ask you pet owners a question: Why do you let your animals go
without showers/baths for weeks when you wouldn't let yourself, mate,
or kids do the same? And then why do you complain when the carpets
stink? I don't get it.

Cats are self cleaning. I have five of them.

all 6 of my cats get biweekly showers when the temps are above 70. swmbo and
i set up a production line. one washs, rinses, hands off to the next for
drying. repeat.

it cuts down on shedding dramatically.

they don't like the hair dryer tho. damhikt.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 6, 11:23*am, "chaniarts"
wrote:
CW wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

They don't like the clothes dryer, either. The stupid kitten looked
like it was drunk for a week.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Sounds like my Sterling. Only British auto I will ever own.

Let me clarify that, I no longer own it and it is the last British
vehicle
I ever want to own. Fun car, piece o' crap to maintain.

That is what I thought you meant to say. ;~) Who'da thunk the Brits could
have f'ed up a Honda/Acura.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:23:58 -0700, "chaniarts"
wrote:

all 6 of my cats get biweekly showers when the temps are above 70. swmbo and
i set up a production line. one washs, rinses, hands off to the next for
drying. repeat.

Showers eh? My cat would rip me to shreds if I tried that. Much easier
to use a fine toothed comb. When I pull it out, she stretches out and
purrs up a storm.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
all 6 of my cats get biweekly showers when the temps are above 70. swmbo and
i set up a production line. one washs, rinses, hands off to the next for
drying. repeat.

Showers eh? My cat would rip me to shreds if I tried that. Much easier
to use a fine toothed comb. When I pull it out, she stretches out and
purrs up a storm.

Kinda like Angela.......oh, wait.....a comb!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Sounds like my Sterling. Only British auto I will ever own.

Let me clarify that, I no longer own it and it is the last British
vehicle
I ever want to own. Fun car, piece o' crap to maintain.

That is what I thought you meant to say. ;~) Who'da thunk the Brits
could have f'ed up a Honda/Acura.

Pretty amazing, isn't it? Takes quite a bit of incompetence to screw up
something that good, but by golly, Lucas and Austin Rover were up to the
task.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-03, LDosser wrote:
Do you have to buy Festool blades?

Freud also make very nice metric blades - I have one in my tiny
protool saw. From memory another italian company also makes high
quality metric blades suitble for festool/protool.

I got the protool saw in a deal when buying the older style festool
bench in a runout. The only critisism that I have is with the adapter
that matches it to festool track - it puts the sawblade about 10mm to
the right of the track so I can't line up just using the edge.