Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool, what kinda deal is that?

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:39:30 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

.... snip

Hmmm. We have more tile than carpet in our house. The Missus likes the
ease of keeping the tile clean. At my insistence, we have carpet in the
master bedroom. Extensive use of "throw" rugs in the other bedrooms and
the bathrooms keeps the tile from chilling sensitive feet.

As for the countertops, I like a "durable" surface even if it breaks
dropped plates and saucers because the plates and saucers are cheaper
(and easier) to replace.

Max (does his own tile work)

Our new home, 30 years ago had all carpet and 10 years later we replace
with
expensive carpet. 14 years later replaced with all tile. Tile is
sooooooooooooooooo much easier to maintain and clean and does not stink.

It's also cold, hard, and much more dangerous. Fall on the carpet and
you get a bump. Fall on tile and you can break bones or crack skulls
and die much more easily. If you go barefoot, it's hard on the feet as
well as being very cold (unless you spend $10k on radiant flooring.)

I'm wit' you on that one Larry. I don't like cold floors. Our bathroom
has tile around the shower area and we've got throw rugs all over to make a
warm path to the appropriate places. Tile lasts well, cleans well, but then
so would bare concrete and both are equally comfortable to feet.

.... snip

Rob Leatham