Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mitered Half-Laps

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:45:26 -0700, "LDosser"
wrote:

Ever hit your kneecap on a metal support underneath a table at a
restaurant?
Last time I did, I about puked from the pain.

I hate it when somebody does that ...

Welcome to the life of those confined to wheelchairs.
Posted to rec.woodworking

news
wrote:

Ever hit your kneecap on a metal support underneath a table at a
restaurant?
Last time I did, I about puked from the pain.

I hate it when somebody does that ...

Welcome to the life of those confined to wheelchairs.

er, I was joking.

FWIW, I've got a significant amount of wheelchair (couple years), crutches
(1+years), completely confined to a bed (1 year), one or two canes (9
years) time to understand the issues - a lot of that time is during the
past 12 or so years.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/10 5:58 PM, Upscale wrote:
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:45:26 -0700,
wrote:

Ever hit your kneecap on a metal support underneath a table at a
restaurant?
Last time I did, I about puked from the pain.

I hate it when somebody does that ...

Welcome to the life of those confined to wheelchairs.

Next time I bonk my kneecap, I'm going to suck it up and think of you.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 21:17:11 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

Welcome to the life of those confined to wheelchairs.

Next time I bonk my kneecap, I'm going to suck it up and think of you.

That's not what usually happens to me though. If it's a strange table
such as in a restaurant, everybody ends up looking at me as some
pervert. I've gotten into the habit of feeling around pretty good
under the table edge or even better, putting my head down there to
take a look.

Cutting half laps with a dado blade? Upscale Woodworking 50 August 9th 09 05:40 PM
Update on cutting half laps Upscale Woodworking 7 August 7th 09 02:55 AM
Half-full/half-empty kind of issue D.M. Procida UK diy 4 January 19th 06 09:52 PM
Mitered Half Lap stoutman Woodworking 9 June 20th 05 05:36 PM
Mitered Half Lap?? stoutman Woodworking 5 June 8th 05 03:11 PM