Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tom Brokaw explains Canda

Good Watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItSPt0

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/23/2010 7:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Good Watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItSPt0

Excellent ... may all on earth enjoy such a friendship and brotherhood
as those with whom we, in the US, are fortunate to share a border.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 9:16*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 2/23/2010 7:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Good Watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItSPt0

Excellent ... may all on earth enjoy such a friendship and brotherhood
as those with whom we, in the US, are fortunate to share a border.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Now if my American friends would only learn how to play
hockey......oh, wait...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 9:13*pm, Robatoy wrote:

Now if my American friends would only learn how to play
hockey......oh, wait...

HEY!!

A little warning when you fire one of those off would be appropriate.
Almost fell out of my chair laughing!

Good one.

You guys ain't done yet...

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Feb 23, 9:16 pm, Swingman wrote:
On 2/23/2010 7:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Good Watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItSPt0

Excellent ... may all on earth enjoy such a friendship and brotherhood
as those with whom we, in the US, are fortunate to share a border.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Now if my American friends would only learn how to play
hockey......oh, wait...

yep... coffee on the monitor again... pretty sure I've been here before....
;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 4:22*am, "
wrote:
On Feb 23, 9:13*pm, Robatoy wrote:

Now if my American friends would only learn how to play
hockey......oh, wait...

HEY!!

A little warning when you fire one of those off would be appropriate.
Almost fell out of my chair laughing!

Good one.

You guys ain't done yet...

Got to squash them commie-rat-******* Ruskis first... tonight.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 9:10*am, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 24, 4:22*am, "
wrote:

On Feb 23, 9:13*pm, Robatoy wrote:

Now if my American friends would only learn how to play
hockey......oh, wait...

HEY!!

A little warning when you fire one of those off would be appropriate.
Almost fell out of my chair laughing!

Good one.

You guys ain't done yet...

Got to squash them commie-rat-******* Ruskis first... tonight.

We spanked their commie asses 7-3
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

We spanked their commie asses 7-3

Congratulations on spanking their asses. You guys owned that game. But the
last time Russia was commie, their asses were in diapers. -- Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 25, 10:11*am, Douglas Johnson wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
We spanked their commie asses 7-3

Congratulations on spanking their asses. *You guys owned that game. *But the
last time Russia was commie, their asses were in diapers. *-- Doug

The girls did pretty good.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
We spanked their commie asses 7-3

Congratulations on spanking their asses. *You guys owned that game. *But the
last time Russia was commie, their asses were in diapers. *-- Doug

The girls did pretty good.

They did. If the USA can't win it, it's good than Canada can. But now the men
need to do a number on Slovakia, so we can show you a real ass spanking.

I've been enjoying the trash talk here and other boards. Yo momma is so fat...
Wait a minute, yo momma is our momma. Good luck, bro.

-- Doug

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
We spanked their commie asses 7-3

Congratulations on spanking their asses. You guys owned that game. But the
last time Russia was commie, their asses were in diapers. -- Doug

The girls did pretty good.

They did. *If the USA can't win it, it's good than Canada can. *But now the men
need to do a number on Slovakia, so we can show you a real ass spanking.

I've been enjoying the trash talk here and other boards. *Yo momma is so fat...
Wait a minute, yo momma is our momma. *Good luck, bro.

-- Doug

When we get past the Slovacks, we'll see you, *IF* you get there.
Then, *IF* you do, we won't be giving anything away for free.
I take the pro-Canuckistani stance, simply to annoy my US friends. May
the best team win and that it may be a great fight. That's really all
I care about.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
We spanked their commie asses 7-3

Congratulations on spanking their asses. You guys owned that game. But the
last time Russia was commie, their asses were in diapers. -- Doug

The girls did pretty good.

They did. *If the USA can't win it, it's good than Canada can. *But now the men
need to do a number on Slovakia, so we can show you a real ass spanking..

I've been enjoying the trash talk here and other boards. *Yo momma is so fat...
Wait a minute, yo momma is our momma. *Good luck, bro.

-- Doug

When we get past the Slovacks, we'll see you, *IF* you get there.
Then, *IF* you do, we won't be giving anything away for free.
I take the pro-Canuckistani stance, simply to annoy my US friends. May
the best team win and that it may be a great fight. That's really all
I care about.

Oh... and I hope Miller gets a hang-nail...not a big one, just big
enough to bother him...maybe some jock-itch or haemorrhoids... maybe
Phoebe Cates will flash her fabulous titties to distract him just long
enough....
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

When we get past the Slovacks, we'll see you, *IF* you get there.

*IF* you get past the Slovaks, we'll be waiting for you. The Mighty Finn went
down 6-1. -- Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

When we get past the Slovacks, we'll see you, *IF* you get there.
Then, *IF* you do, we won't be giving anything away for free.
I take the pro-Canuckistani stance, simply to annoy my US friends. May
the best team win and that it may be a great fight. That's really all
I care about.

Oh... and I hope Miller gets a hang-nail...not a big one, just big
enough to bother him...maybe some jock-itch or haemorrhoids... maybe
Phoebe Cates will flash her fabulous titties to distract him just long
enough....

I think it would take a lot more than that to distract Miller.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

One thing that you can say about the Canadian Hocky Women's team. THEY KNOW
HOW TO PARTY!!

Beer, champagne and cigars?? And on the ice rink too. That is just a little
too macho for me. They make some fearsome women in Canada!

Apparently there are some wimp, politically correct types who feel that this
is not "sports appropriate behavior". All of these whiners would not last
10 seconds on the ice against these girls. I even heard a couple comments
thta the girl hocky players are more macho than the guys. But that
probably is not true.

awaiting the obilgatory Canadian response :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

When we get past the Slovacks, we'll see you,

Well, you squeaked past the Slovaks. Congratulations.

Be advised that 150,000 lbs. of the finest Texas wup ass has just lifted off
from DFW. Flight planned 3:45 time en route to YVR. Delivery is scheduled for
12:15 PM PST Sunday.

-- Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:18:35 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

10 seconds on the ice against these girls. I even heard a couple comments
thta the girl hocky players are more macho than the guys. But that
probably is not true.

awaiting the obilgatory Canadian response :-)

A friend of mine often refs a mixed gender hockey game on Friday and
Saturday nights. He occasionally comments on the aggressiveness of the
women. The women realize right away they can get away with the
aggressiveness because the guys are afraid to reciprocate ~ at least
at first. Another friend of mine used to coach a women's baseball
team. He's admitted to me that in private anyway, women are much more
crude when it comes to swearing and cursing.

Lets face it. Especially in sports, women are vicious, much more so
than guys. They'll take advantage of a situation much faster than any
guy would.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

10 seconds on the ice against these girls. I even heard a couple comments
thta the girl hocky players are more macho than the guys. But that
probably is not true.

awaiting the obilgatory Canadian response :-)

A friend of mine often refs a mixed gender hockey game on Friday and
Saturday nights. He occasionally comments on the aggressiveness of the
women. The women realize right away they can get away with the
aggressiveness because the guys are afraid to reciprocate ~ at least
at first. Another friend of mine used to coach a women's baseball
team. He's admitted to me that in private anyway, women are much more
crude when it comes to swearing and cursing.

Lets face it. Especially in sports, women are vicious, much more so
than guys. They'll take advantage of a situation much faster than any
guy would.

Take a cat fight, for instance. All sense of being "honorable" and "fighting
fair" goes right out the window. What two guys would come into a fight kicking
and screaming and scratching and biting?

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 26, 5:39*pm, Douglas Johnson wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
When we get past the Slovacks, we'll see you, *IF* you get there.

*IF* you get past the Slovaks, we'll be waiting for you. *The Mighty Finn went
down 6-1. *-- Doug

Ovuuuuhhhrtiiiime
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

Ovuuuuhhhrtiiiime

Congratulations, my northern friends. Lord, what a game!

-- Doug

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
When we get past the Slovacks, we'll see you, *IF* you get there.

*IF* you get past the Slovaks, we'll be waiting for you. *The Mighty Finn went
down 6-1. *-- Doug

Ovuuuuhhhrtiiiime

Nice game, guys. Great game. Clean, wonderful hockey! Thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
When we get past the Slovacks, we'll see you, *IF* you get there.

*IF* you get past the Slovaks, we'll be waiting for you. The Mighty
Finn went
down 6-1. -- Doug

Ovuuuuhhhrtiiiime

Nice game, guys. Great game. Clean, wonderful hockey! Thanks.

Certainly was. the last few minutes kept the heart rate up. Both teams
played well.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

When we get past the Slovacks, we'll see you, *IF* you get there.

*IF* you get past the Slovaks, we'll be waiting for you. The Mighty Finn went
down 6-1. -- Doug

Ovuuuuhhhrtiiiime

Congratulations Team Canada! It was one of the best games I've seen in
a long, long time.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

When we get past the Slovacks, we'll see you, *IF* you get there.

*IF* you get past the Slovaks, we'll be waiting for you. *The Mighty Finn went
down 6-1. *-- Doug

Ovuuuuhhhrtiiiime

Congratulations Team Canada! *It was one of the best games I've seen in
a long, long time.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Could easily have gone either way and silver is nothing to sneeze at.
But... I'm happy for us.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/28/2010 5:11 PM, Nova wrote:

Congratulations Team Canada! It was one of the best games I've seen in a
long, long time.

Congratulations from me as well! I'm not a hockey fan, but I was
impressed by both teams' quality of play - it was a game to be remembered!

Hey, Rob - I think it's time for /you/ guys to make a hockey movie!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 28, 6:53*pm, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 2/28/2010 5:11 PM, Nova wrote:

Congratulations Team Canada! It was one of the best games I've seen in a
long, long time.

Congratulations from me as well! I'm not a hockey fan, but I was
impressed by both teams' quality of play - it was a game to be remembered!

Hey, Rob - I think it's time for /you/ guys to make a hockey movie!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

There are some great hockey movies out there. So I'm told. I have yet
to watch one.

(Did I brag about the fact that we won more gold medals than any other
country ever has in the history of the Winter Games, Did I brag about
that yet? FOURTEEN gold ones. That is so cool.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/28/2010 6:04 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 28, 6:53 pm, Morris wrote:
On 2/28/2010 5:11 PM, Nova wrote:

Congratulations Team Canada! It was one of the best games I've seen in a
long, long time.

Congratulations from me as well! I'm not a hockey fan, but I was
impressed by both teams' quality of play - it was a game to be remembered!

Hey, Rob - I think it's time for /you/ guys to make a hockey movie!

There are some great hockey movies out there. So I'm told. I have yet
to watch one.

(Did I brag about the fact that we won more gold medals than any other
country ever has in the history of the Winter Games, Did I brag about
that yet? FOURTEEN gold ones. That is so cool.

It is, and it's a _good_ brag - but then again, I'm inclined to feel
that everyone good enough to participate is a winner in their own right.
I'm proud of 'em all, wherever they're from and without much
consideration for having won (or not won) medals.

Still, claiming fourteen gold medals definitely merits celebration.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 28, 6:53 pm, Morris *wrote:
On 2/28/2010 5:11 PM, Nova wrote:

[...]

We are Canadians, we don't need no steeenking medal to celebrate. G
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

Certainly was. the last few minutes kept the heart rate up. Both teams
played well.

My wife made similar comments. She said, among other things.

"I'm exhausted just watching this! How do they do it?"

"Which ones are the Canadians?"

"Where's the puck? Where's the puck?"

"I hope the US team's feelings didn't get hurt."

That is my honey. You ought to hear her during a football game.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/28/2010 6:39 PM, Robatoy wrote:

We are Canadians, we don't need no steeenking medal to celebrate.G

Congratulations!

Now, if you're going to get anything done this month, ya better hurry!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

(Did I brag about the fact that we won more gold medals than any other
country ever has in the history of the Winter Games, Did I brag about
that yet? FOURTEEN gold ones. That is so cool.
======================

That is because you guys live a substantial part of each year in winter. It
is an evironment to you. To the rest of us, it is a season. Talk about
having the home turf advantage.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 16:39:11 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Feb 28, 6:53 pm, Morris *wrote:
On 2/28/2010 5:11 PM, Nova wrote:

[...]

Happy Hockey Haulings, HOSER!

--
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
--Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 28, 9:25*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote

(Did I brag about the fact that we won more gold medals than any other
country ever has in the history of the Winter Games, Did I brag about
that yet? FOURTEEN gold ones. That is so cool.
======================

That is because you guys live a substantial part of each year in winter. *It
is an evironment to you. To the rest of us, it is a season. Talk about
having the home turf advantage.

I'm willing to bet that more Americans live (in total) in weather like
ours, than there are Canadians in our entire country.
Many medals were won indoors, in arenas like those you have all over
the country.
You also have way more snowy mountains in populated areas than we do.
IOW, your home turf advantage story doesn't wash.
Add to that the victories you enjoyed in out-door snow-based sports,
such as skiing (Lindsey Vonn, Bode Miller etc) and your ' home
advantage' story falls apart some more.
And how many hockey players you sent have Canadian roots? (We kept the
good ones for ourselves.G)
Other than that... see you in 2014.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 28, 10:01*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 28, 9:25*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote

[...]

I forgot to mention that 1/2 million dollar practice half-pipe for
Shaun White...naaaa.. that would level the playing field with our half-
pipe defenders?