Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Tom Brokaw explains Canda

On Feb 28, 9:25*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote

(Did I brag about the fact that we won more gold medals than any other
country ever has in the history of the Winter Games, Did I brag about
that yet? FOURTEEN gold ones. That is so cool.
======================

That is because you guys live a substantial part of each year in winter. *It
is an evironment to you. To the rest of us, it is a season. Talk about
having the home turf advantage.

I'm willing to bet that more Americans live (in total) in weather like
ours, than there are Canadians in our entire country.
Many medals were won indoors, in arenas like those you have all over
the country.
You also have way more snowy mountains in populated areas than we do.
IOW, your home turf advantage story doesn't wash.
Add to that the victories you enjoyed in out-door snow-based sports,
such as skiing (Lindsey Vonn, Bode Miller etc) and your ' home
advantage' story falls apart some more.
And how many hockey players you sent have Canadian roots? (We kept the
good ones for ourselves.G)
Other than that... see you in 2014.