Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rockler Visit

I had some business near the local Rockler store today and dropped in for a
visit. I haven't been in there for awhile. A lot more tools there now.

When I walked in the door, therre was the big, new Delta table saw. It
looked nice and cost about $3,300. What was most interesting to me was a
signt hat screamed out, "New Unisaw BUILT IN AMERICA!"

I thought that was interesting that US manufacture was considered a
marketing point. Also, I didn't know that they still built saws here. I
thought they went offshore. I wonder if they finally figured out that many
people weren't going to buy a chinese copy of a unisaw.

Another interesting display was the Festools. Talk about getting tool envy.
I saw the Festool sliding miter saw. I looked at the price and it said $130.
I thought that this could not be right. I looked closer and someone had bent
the little sign showing the price. I straightened it out and it said $1300.
OK, that is more like it. Obviously somebody's idea of a joke. I was about
to buy it even if I already had a miter saw.

Another thing that became obvious looking at the Festool catalog. You can
spend a $1,000 or more for a basic tool. Then you can spend $20,000 for
accessories and consumables! They getcha coming and going.

I drooled a little more, grabbed a catalog and went to my next appointment.
Gotta go eat now. My honey is making up some of her world famous barbecued
chicken pizza..

Rockler 10% off DGDevin Woodworking 16 February 25th 09 02:36 PM
Shopping at Rockler. Lou Woodworking 17 September 14th 08 12:59 PM
everything on sale at Rockler RayV Woodworking 11 May 20th 07 04:38 PM
Anyone used these Rockler clamps? Toller Woodworking 8 January 3rd 06 11:50 PM
Rockler Ron Woodworking 7 January 18th 04 11:35 PM