Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Rockler Visit

On Jul 15, 10:16*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
I had some business near the local Rockler store today and dropped in for a
visit. *I haven't been in there for awhile. A lot more tools there now.

When I walked in the door, therre was the big, new Delta table saw. *It
looked nice and cost about $3,300. What was most interesting to me was a
signt hat screamed out, "New Unisaw BUILT IN AMERICA!"

I thought that was interesting that US manufacture was considered a
marketing point. Also, I didn't know that they still built saws here. I
thought they went offshore. *I wonder if they finally figured out that many
people weren't going to buy a chinese copy of a unisaw.

Another interesting display was the Festools. *Talk about getting tool envy.
I saw the Festool sliding miter saw. I looked at the price and it said $130.
I thought that this could not be right. I looked closer and someone had bent
the little sign showing the price. I straightened it out and it said $1300.