Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default Anyone used these Rockler clamps?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10819

I bought some that look just like them from Homier and had to throw them out
immediately since the aluminum just ripped up when I tightened them.
So I bought some from HF that look just them. They have lasted much long,
but don't tighten up well and are starting to fail.
So I bought some good ones from Woodcraft
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3963
They are very nice, but not cheap. I need some more clamps.

The Rockler are well priced, but they look like the Homier and HF crap.
So, has anyone used them?

Posted to rec.woodworking
John B

Toller wrote:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10819

I bought some that look just like them from Homier and had to throw them out
immediately since the aluminum just ripped up when I tightened them.
So I bought some from HF that look just them. They have lasted much long,
but don't tighten up well and are starting to fail.
So I bought some good ones from Woodcraft
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3963
They are very nice, but not cheap. I need some more clamps.

The Rockler are well priced, but they look like the Homier and HF crap.
So, has anyone used them?

I bought some very similar looking clamps.
They would be all right for light work, it's what I use my surviving one
for.
The other had the cast end break of at the last rivet.
Really they are bloody useless.
John
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Aluminum bar clamps tend to bend under pressure.

Stick with steel clamps like Bessy Kbody or Cabinetmasters for longevity.

"Toller" wrote in message
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10819

I bought some that look just like them from Homier and had to throw them
out immediately since the aluminum just ripped up when I tightened them.
So I bought some from HF that look just them. They have lasted much long,
but don't tighten up well and are starting to fail.
So I bought some good ones from Woodcraft
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3963
They are very nice, but not cheap. I need some more clamps.

The Rockler are well priced, but they look like the Homier and HF crap.
So, has anyone used them?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Darrell Dorsey

I have both the Rocklers and some like the Woodcraft version from Highland
hardwa
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...OD&ProdID=2828

I'm happy with both. No problems with either. The Higland hardare versions
have smaller increments I belive.

Darrell

"Toller" wrote in message
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10819

I bought some that look just like them from Homier and had to throw them
out immediately since the aluminum just ripped up when I tightened them.
So I bought some from HF that look just them. They have lasted much long,
but don't tighten up well and are starting to fail.
So I bought some good ones from Woodcraft
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3963
They are very nice, but not cheap. I need some more clamps.

The Rockler are well priced, but they look like the Homier and HF crap.
So, has anyone used them?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"Darrell Dorsey" wrote in message
rvers.com...
I have both the Rocklers and some like the Woodcraft version from Highland
hardwa
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...OD&ProdID=2828

I'm happy with both. No problems with either. The Higland hardare
versions have smaller increments I belive.

Darrell

The Highland are the ones I really like. If the Rockler are as good, then I
will give them a try. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Paul O.

"Toller" wrote in message
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10819

I bought some that look just like them from Homier and had to throw them
out immediately since the aluminum just ripped up when I tightened them.
So I bought some from HF that look just them. They have lasted much long,
but don't tighten up well and are starting to fail.
So I bought some good ones from Woodcraft
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3963
They are very nice, but not cheap. I need some more clamps.

The Rockler are well priced, but they look like the Homier and HF crap.
So, has anyone used them?
I bought 3 of them when I was making the wife a blanket chest. They worked
fine for me. They have not seen a lot of hard use tho.

--
Paul O.

Posted to rec.woodworking
superpac

ive got 2 clamps 4ft's, plus 2 extensions, find that they are really useful,
infact the most usefull of all my clamps for long clamping. One comment, if
you are considering getting the extensions, dont, just spring for an extra
clamp, and get a joiner to put them together. always better to have many
complete clamps, than extension that can only be used once in a while.

steve

"Toller" wrote in message
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10819

I bought some that look just like them from Homier and had to throw them
out immediately since the aluminum just ripped up when I tightened them.
So I bought some from HF that look just them. They have lasted much long,
but don't tighten up well and are starting to fail.
So I bought some good ones from Woodcraft
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3963
They are very nice, but not cheap. I need some more clamps.

The Rockler are well priced, but they look like the Homier and HF crap.
So, has anyone used them?

Corner clamps for a frame, What is this for? Steve Home Repair 0 October 17th 05 08:11 PM
Rockler customer service Larry Spitz Woodworking 6 May 20th 05 11:31 PM
Clamps Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 6 January 19th 05 08:32 AM
Clamps from Borg Robert Rushing Woodworking 26 September 10th 04 10:08 PM
Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps ON SALE TomL Woodworking 2 August 3rd 03 04:49 PM