Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Rockler Visit

I had some business near the local Rockler store today and dropped in for a
visit. I haven't been in there for awhile. A lot more tools there now.

When I walked in the door, therre was the big, new Delta table saw. It
looked nice and cost about $3,300. What was most interesting to me was a
signt hat screamed out, "New Unisaw BUILT IN AMERICA!"

I, too suspect "BUILT" is the key word. I'll bet many of the parts
came from China. Especially castings. I also have to wonder if, at
$3,300, it is four times the saw as my eight year old Grizzly 1023S.
(OK, before you do the inflation thing on me, three+ times better than
currently priced 1023S).

When I started looking for cabinet saws 8-9 years ago I thought it was
going to be easy. I grew up around old Unisaws and figured I would
just buy one, until I saw the new ones. They weren't the same saws.
Other than looking a lot different, I hope the new Unisaw is truly a
better machine that is worth that kind of money.

RonB