Bridger

Default Tablesaw push stick?

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:36:45 -0500, Jules
wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

you GOTTA be kidding!!

Dave

Good news. I see our friend DE is still with us! I'll bet you enjoyed
seeing his pictures. Did you see the pictures he's posted. (I liked
your plywood printer stand too. ) Wow, I hope he gets to keep the router
bits! He's always up to such interesting stuff in the shop. Isn't he.
Now you can ask him those questions you've been having? I hope he
doesn't get shy again. I'm not sure but I think somebody said something
snarky to him. Would you know anything about it Dave? I'm sure it was
just a maturity mistake.

Sometimes good people slip and do things they regret later. There isn't
a man among us who hasn't made a mistake. It's sad but it happens. I'm
sure we both agree whoever it was, is sorry and feels bad about it. In a
sense, whoever it was, did something worse to himself. I think it's
important to teach children that they will slip and fall but it is how
they recover from it later that is important. And not let it define who
they become, or to limit their growth.

After-all, we are what we do.

ya know, jules... if you keep that up dave'll explode....
T.

Sun, Feb 1, 2004, 9:26pm (EST-1) (Guy=A0LaRochelle)
says:
* I didn't know I had to write a book before asking a question just to
explain why I am asking the question.

If you say you already looked, then people won't think you didn't.
Can make a HUGE difference in he quality of the responses you get. But,
you should have already figured that part out.

* Yes, maybe I was using the wrong search words. I am not an expert on
browsing the web and I don't want to be because I would never get
anything done.

An expert is someone who know everything there is about a given
subject. So, you must have meant comptent, rather than expert. Try
google, it's quick, easy, and works.

* So what are newsgroups for if you can't ask questions?

Gee, I don't recall any saying you can't ask questions. The point
is, a lot of people, myself included, figure if someone isn't willing to
try to help themselves find something, why should we spend our time
lookit things up? That comes back to the say you already looked thing.

* I use Outlook Express to access newsgroups and the terminology they
use is "SUBSCRIBE".

OK, you subscribed to it apparently.

* I'll try and remember that for next time. (I'll preceed my question
with a book)

That's the spirit, smartass remarks always win friends here.

* I don't know, you tell me..............you seem to have all the
answers.grin

Oh, indeed, I have an answer, but we do have women and children
here.

* For a guy who doesn't seem to like things in point form, meaning that
I should write a book before asking a question to explain why I am
asking the question, you should do some work on your website..........it
gets a little too much to the point for my liking (and yours).

Sounds like an 826 - You obviously have me mistaken for someone
else. My webpage states throughout that the links are for my
convenience. You should have read what I said before I got so prissy
about it. LOL That alone should be enough to tell you I like it as is;
that's what's important to me; I can't imagine why you would think I
didn't like it. However, it is under constant change, with things
discarded, changed, or added. What is this "too much to the point" part
you don't like? You didn't give any details, and as I don't read minds
anymore, I don't know. If you didn't like any of it, you should have
forwarded a complaint, in the section for that, at the bottom of the
first page. LMAO That's OK, I don't think anyone forced you to look at
my webpage, and you don't have to look at it again, if you don't want
to. No prob.

JOAT
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
- Pete Maccarrone

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 31 Jan 2004.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/

Bay Area Dave

ah, don't bet the farm on that, Bridger.

dave

Bridger wrote:
snip

ya know, jules... if you keep that up dave'll explode....

Bridger

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:19:55 -0500, Jules
wrote:

Why would he explode? About what?

the pressure in his head.....

Bay Area Dave

having random thoughts again, Bridger?

dave

wrote:

Why would he explode? About what?

the pressure in his head.....

Chris

"Guy LaRochelle" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know where I could find a pattern for a tablesaw push stick on
the web that is comfortable to use? Regards. -Guy

Guy,

Since you seem like a newbie to the 'Wreck, I'll let you in on one of
the more annoying aspects of the 'Wreck: Either preface EVERY post
with "IDAGS but..." (I did a google search) or suffer the wrath of
Joat and others. Unfortunately there is no way to imply that you did
a search, you have to say it explicitly.

You also reopened the wound by picking at the "plans" scab. There is
an ongoing debate about using your own plans vs. purchase/borrowed
plans. It's a religious issue: you are either a believer or an
infidel.

Furthermore, you kept your post short, sweet, and to the point.
Mortal sin. A question such as yours required at least 3 paragraphs,
1 detailing the extensive Google searches you did in your quest for
said plans, 1 or more explaining your level of experience size of
shop, what type of tablesaw you own (maybe throw in a blurp about
left-tilt vs. right tilt to spawn a few additional threads), and at
least 1 describing exactly what you were looking for in a push stick,
what type of wood you wish to use (and if you are using cherry,
whether you intend to stain it or paint it) and your definition of
"comfortable."

Of course, you can just keep on posting as you have, listen to the
helpful who offer advice and ignore the morons. And BTW - in case no
one else mentioned it, a dead cat makes an excellent push stick.

-Chris
Philski

Andy,
I was going to ask him if he had any stray cats in the neighborhood but thought
I better read the replies first....

You beat me to it!

Philski

Andy Dingley wrote:

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:33:02 -0600, "Guy LaRochelle"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I could find a pattern for a tablesaw push stick on
the web that is comfortable to use?

Lay the cat down flat on some plywood and draw round it.

Guppas!

"Guy LaRochelle" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know where I could find a pattern for a tablesaw push stick on
the web that is comfortable to use? Regards. -Guy

My only advice is to make sure the back end, the part in your hand, is
very blunt. Mine wasn't and was sent into my hand at 115mph. The
result was eight stiches. When I remake mine (I'm just now recovered
enough to return to woodworking) I might even add padding to the
handle. Good luck.

BTW, did I mention never to make a rip cut without the guard on?
Unisaw A100

Bay Area Dave wrote:
having random thoughts again, Bridger?

I dunno, it looked/sounded pretty specific to me.

UA100

Jules

Well maybe he has bad unresolved issues. They burden a person. Like what
I was talking about earlier. Sometimes a simple acknowledgement that
they screwed up, is all it takes. But instead they won't do anything to
even hint at an apology after doing somthing bad. They feel it is better
to leave a person with hurt feelings. They won't try to make amends
because the wife is watching or children are going to see, and they
don't want to set an example of how to behave. What they don't realize,
they are setting an example. And that's bad. Or they are afraid they
won't look manly in front of a crowd. But fear is a weakness and it is a
strength to stand up and say "I was wrong". When someone is like that,
it is really a ****ing contest backwards and he has the wind in his
face. That's bad. Our actions and inactions, define us all.

wrote:

Why would he explode? About what?

the pressure in his head.....

Bay Area Dave

Jules, seems you like the word "bad"...

fixations got you down?

dave

Jules wrote:

even hint at an apology after doing somthing bad. And that's bad. That's bad.

Bridger

Jules, you're being altogether too human.

Dave's an interesting case. some of the time he has intelligent things
to say, questions to ask and contributions to make to this group. he
can't seem to go very long without making a complete fool and/or
asshole of himself though. I suspect it has something to do with the
anonymity of the forum.

you're a good man to try to steer him right. I'm not the social
engineer type- when he gets obnoxious I just dunk him in the 30 day
killfile again. these days he seems to average about a week at a time
in daylight.... then he'll mouth off again and back he goes.....
Bridger

wrote:

Why would he explode? About what?

the pressure in his head.....

Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
Guy LaRochelle wrote:
Does anyone know where I could find a pattern for a tablesaw push stick on
the web that is comfortable to use? Regards. -Guy

8.6

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Jules

Bridger

I have long been bothered by that situation. For awhile I wanted to
just tell him what I thought of him and what he was. But to what end.
Just for me to feel better. And that's the wrong reason. Escalation
would not have really helped anything. And I would have diminished
myself doing it.

As far as posting every fart on the internet goes, he seems to be the
one eating chilli. Every thought, musing and observation gets posted.
All, it seems, just to rack up the posting counter. Yes there are allot
of nasty things I think I would like to say. But it wouldn't be news to
anybody, and it wouldn't even make a dent. Nothing makes a dent. And
that is not any compliment; as for myself, such an observation would not
be something I could in any way be proud of. And because of that, I
concede your point in that he isn't worth the bother. I am always too
slow to recognize these people. But there are people in the world like
that.

When he made a statement about not getting into any ****ing contests,
digging in your heels is just that.

He has problems and they always will be just that. __His problems.__
And part of his make-up. So they will show.

Everybody, post away! And have fun! Let the merriment begin!