Chris

Default Tablesaw push stick?

"Guy LaRochelle" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know where I could find a pattern for a tablesaw push stick on
the web that is comfortable to use? Regards. -Guy

Guy,

Since you seem like a newbie to the 'Wreck, I'll let you in on one of
the more annoying aspects of the 'Wreck: Either preface EVERY post
with "IDAGS but..." (I did a google search) or suffer the wrath of
Joat and others. Unfortunately there is no way to imply that you did
a search, you have to say it explicitly.

You also reopened the wound by picking at the "plans" scab. There is
an ongoing debate about using your own plans vs. purchase/borrowed
plans. It's a religious issue: you are either a believer or an
infidel.

Furthermore, you kept your post short, sweet, and to the point.
Mortal sin. A question such as yours required at least 3 paragraphs,
1 detailing the extensive Google searches you did in your quest for
said plans, 1 or more explaining your level of experience size of
shop, what type of tablesaw you own (maybe throw in a blurp about
left-tilt vs. right tilt to spawn a few additional threads), and at
least 1 describing exactly what you were looking for in a push stick,
what type of wood you wish to use (and if you are using cherry,
whether you intend to stain it or paint it) and your definition of
"comfortable."

Of course, you can just keep on posting as you have, listen to the
helpful who offer advice and ignore the morons. And BTW - in case no
one else mentioned it, a dead cat makes an excellent push stick.

-Chris