Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
LdB LdB is offline

Default Building kitchen cupboards. Drawer slide advice requested.

The foundation was poured by a contractor in the summer of 02. I've
done almost all the rest of the building myself with help from my son
and friends.

Below is a link to some photos of the place.

http://www.granite.mb.ca/~lorence/

I retired last year and moved in to a somewhat unfinished interior.

Good enough for an old bachelor and a few critters but not quite
complete in the eyes of my new significant other.

I'm about to start the kitchen cupboards. I've done a few small
cabinetry projects in the past with reasonable success. This will be
the biggest I have ever attempted.

I've drawn up the plans, have the time, wood, tools, ambition and just
enough knowledge to make me dangerous.

I am considering ordering drawer slides from Lee Valley. They have
several choices with a significant price difference.

Having been a Lee Vally customer for many years I believe their
products are of good or better than average quality. I have no doubt
that their cheapest drawer slides will be adequate for the job I'm
doing or they wouldn't sell them.

What makes the top end slides worth the extra money?

Are the Tandem plus slides

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

that much better than these?

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

Are the Blumotion dampers on Tandem slides worth the additional ten
dollars a pair.

I could drive into town and get slides at Home Depot for a lot less
but I doubt they will give me a lifetime guarantee.

I really don't know what to expect with these products. I have limited
experience with them other than to say I have opened and closed
drawers with sliders. I have also opened and closed drawers without
sliders.

Any advice would be appreciated.

LdB

Drawer slide lube? KC Home Repair 7 July 7th 08 11:36 PM
Old drawer slide???? Xantipas Home Repair 6 June 28th 08 07:34 PM
Old drawer slide???? RicodJour Home Repair 1 June 28th 08 03:33 AM
drawer slide Lee Woodworking 2 April 1st 08 07:38 PM
Euro style kitchen slide out trash drawer repair? [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 15th 06 11:47 AM