Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Building kitchen cupboards. Drawer slide advice requested.

"LdB" wrote

I'll have to decide on side or bottom mount slides. I bought a dovetail
jig for this project. I hadn't concidered using bottom sliders to show off
the woodwork. I suppose that when you do the work you have the right to
show it off.

On the practical side, ... just be aware that under mount slide systems most
often require more precision in drawer building.

IOW, it is good practice to decide upon and buy your slides _before_ you
build your drawers, then pay _very_ particular attention to the required
drawer dimensions in the spec sheet.

A few responses picked up on my interest in a lifetime warranty.
I build things to last a lifetime and then some. Building to code is the
minimum I will accept.

Don't look now, 'building to code' _is_ building to 'minimum standards'.

With a bit of maintenance this house will
be standing a few hundred years after I'm gone. I intend to build a set of
cupboards that will last as long as the house does. Some of you may not
agree with that philosophy but it has done well for me.

You'll do alright then ... I expect all the kitchens I build to outlast the
houses they go in, even though I try to build the houses they go in with the
same attitude that I build the kitchens.

However, don't expect today's buyer to appreciate that philosophy ....

--
Karl ...
Cell 281-414-0127