Posted to rec.woodworking
LdB LdB is offline

Default Building kitchen cupboards. Drawer slide advice requested.

Chris Friesen wrote:
LdB wrote:

Are the Tandem plus slides

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

that much better than these?

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

The self-closing full extension slides close fairly abruptly and
noisily. Probably not necessary for most purposes. For a more direct
comparison to the TandemPlus in side-mount slides, take a look at these:

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

These were an addition on the last page of the catalog. I may not have
seen them without your message. They seem to have all the features of
the more expensive slides.

I'll have to decide on side or bottom mount slides. I bought a
dovetail jig for this project. I hadn't concidered using bottom
sliders to show off the woodwork. I suppose that when you do the work
you have the right to show it off.

A few responses picked up on my interest in a lifetime warranty.
I build things to last a lifetime and then some. Building to code is
the minimum I will accept. With a bit of maintenance this house will
be standing a few hundred years after I'm gone. I intend to build a
set of cupboards that will last as long as the house does. Some of you
may not agree with that philosophy but it has done well for me.

Thanks to all that responded. You helped getting me on track.

LdB