Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Building kitchen cupboards. Drawer slide advice requested.

wrote in message
I don't know what you think you will get out of a lifetime warranty or
why you will need one, but I don't think I would worry much about

Maybe he's optimistic about living (and never moving) for a long, long,
time.

that. I would look for slides that 1) work well under load when
installed, 2) are finished (epoxy, chrome, etc.) so they don't rust
and can be cleaned, 3) affordable and 4) easy to install.

Yup, all good suggestions. And something else that I'd look into if it was
me, are self closing drawer slides and soft close drawer slides or a
combination of both. Nothing peeves me off more than cracking a body part on
the corner of a drawer that I'd thought I'd shoved hard enough to close.

They're fairly new technology within the last few years as far as drawer
slides go, but technology marches on.