Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Building kitchen cupboards. Drawer slide advice requested.

LdB wrote:

Are the Tandem plus slides

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

that much better than these?

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

The self-closing full extension slides close fairly abruptly and
noisily. Probably not necessary for most purposes. For a more direct
comparison to the TandemPlus in side-mount slides, take a look at these:

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

I'm considering these in my own kitchen because I'm retrofitting
existing drawers and the undermount slides require additional height,
making the existing openings a bit short for the desired contents.

Are the Blumotion dampers on Tandem slides worth the additional ten
dollars a pair.

The damped slides are really sweet, especially if there are going to be
people (kids or careless adults) that like to just bump the drawer with
a hip to close it.

Chris