Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Euro style kitchen slide out trash drawer repair?

Just looking to see if there are any others out there who have Euro
style cabinets (ours are Brookhaven) with a double trash drawer pullout
that has needed to be repaired. DH was trying to make more room in the
front basket, and ended up pushing hard enough to bend the overhead
support rail and rip out two of the supporting screws(one of which is
in a corner) from the particleboard lateral support which is visible
from the front of the cabinet and due to the Euro style, appears to be
integral to the cabinet structure.

Because this is a euro style cabinet, I'm wondering what our repair
options are? The cabinets are fairly new (only been used for about
two months), and I am even hesitant to unscrew the rest of the rail to
try to bend it back due my concern that it just won't be that sturdy
when we try to screw it back in(again, related to the particle board).
Definitely did enough damage at the original holes that screws can't be
reinstalled there, plus the bottom rails for the drawer above are
attached to the same cross board as well.

If it's going to require us to order a whole new cabinet, then my
question is how does it get installed if there's granite (about a 8ft
run) on top? Is it not such a big deal? This is our first journey
with new construction that we plan to live in for a loooong time, so I
want to make sure that the fix lasts and looks right. We were not
thrilled with the installer that did the initial installation, so I
thought we'd ask here first. Appreciate any suggestions or help you
can give - I can't imagine that my DH is the only man on the earth
that's ever done this...

Thanks!