Posted to rec.woodworking

Default your thoughts on metric

Mike Dobony wrote:

Autos need metric (with a few exceptions) and everything else of any size
uses SAE, so they do sell both. My auto set in metric is growing.

I just use Metrinch http://www.mitools.com/combination/0076.php being my
current carry in the Land-Rover set!

I wrote a piece for an American engineering publication on the American
companies loosing trade as a result of sticking with 'English' imperial
and wierd American number threads, so being in England the advantage
of metric interchangability and easy calc. isn't lost on me!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Somebody wrote:

Autos need metric (with a few exceptions) and everything else of any

size
uses SAE, so they do sell both. My auto set in metric is growing.

Mine isn't, but maybe my mechanics is.

Lew

Metric tap set El Cazador Metalworking 4 August 9th 07 05:41 AM
Where to get a metric grease gun? [email protected] Home Repair 2 November 25th 05 01:35 AM
looking for new and used Metric endmills [email protected] Metalworking 0 November 2nd 05 12:01 AM
METRIC Rivets Fuhh Metalworking 2 October 23rd 05 08:29 AM
Inches or Metric? James Hart UK diy 54 July 25th 03 10:13 PM