Young Carpenter

Default HUMOR: Getting even at Home Depot

I had to laugh. If a Methodist had done it they would have said he was
acting like a Baptist.
The Baptist church is right across the street from the Methodist in my town
(and down the street form the Episcopal). We are always ribbing one another
that way.

--
Young Carpenter

plenty of practice, and you usually make way more noise than intended"

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
s.com...
In article , says...
Dave,

The cell that you are currently operating in has the ability to record
your presence in that area along with the date and time. Older and
rural cells (macro cells) are typically several miles in diameter. If
you are in a metropolitan are that utilizes microcells the diameter of
these cells can be between 300 and 1000 meters.

If you don't want you travels to be known turn off your cell phone.

We had a Baptist minister in Dallas a number of years ago who was

Thought he was Methodist?

Mark & Juanita

In article ,
says...
I had to laugh. If a Methodist had done it they would have said he was
acting like a Baptist.
The Baptist church is right across the street from the Methodist in my town
(and down the street form the Episcopal). We are always ribbing one another
that way.

--
Young Carpenter

I meant no slight to either denomination (truth to tell if Railey is
guilty and nonrepentant -- he was neither Baptist, Methodist, nor
Christian, but a hypocrite -- I belong to neither denomination, I was
only trying to make sure the facts were correct). I lived in Dallas at
the time of these events, and I thought he was Pastor of one of the
Methodist churches. [Quick check on Google, from
http://www.handwriting.org/archives/99may_03.html : " Within seven
years he was made senior minister at First United Methodist Church in
Dallas. ..."]

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
s.com...
In article , says...
Dave,

The cell that you are currently operating in has the ability to record
your presence in that area along with the date and time. Older and
rural cells (macro cells) are typically several miles in diameter. If
you are in a metropolitan are that utilizes microcells the diameter of
these cells can be between 300 and 1000 meters.

If you don't want you travels to be known turn off your cell phone.

We had a Baptist minister in Dallas a number of years ago who was

Thought he was Methodist?

Dave Balderstone

In article m, Mark &
Juanita wrote:

The system has to know the cell you are in so that it can route
calls to you. When your phone is on, the phone is communicating with
the cell you are in.

Ayup. We had our telco security call the office once to find out if I
really had traveled from Rochester NY to Mpls/St. Paul in the 3 hours
between cell calls they saw in their logs. They were able to place me
at both airports and were apparently concerned that my cell may have
been stolen or cloned (or both).

The call came to the office while I was still at the Mpls airport,
their security red-flagged it immediately.

djb

--
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Young Carpenter

Don't worry I don't take it as a slight. If denominations can't rib one
another about each other (G. Keelor [sp?] is a good one for that) then they
would be arguing.
Ok enough religion.

[...]

Mike Dembroge

Wow & oops! Last time I post a non-topic on a whim! Upon further review, I
do believe the assumption that this is urban-legend is accurate. It does
make sense.

However, many of you seem to think this (fictitious) guy filed a false
report and that doing so is a felony. The story never says anything about
filing a report. He just made a call saying a guy was trying to steal a
BBQ. That's not filing a report. I called the police one night because a
guy was in my neighbor's yard at midnight snooping around their car.
Suppose he was looking for his lighter or something innocent like that.
Does that make me guilty of a felony?

I emailed the person who sent this to me rib her about all the responses it
has received (I'm blown away by it), and told her about the false report
statements and it being a felony. Well, since she's the office manager for
a law office, she sent me the following:
"Penal Code Section 148.5. (a) Every person who reports to any peace
officer listed in Section 830.1 or 830.2, or subdivision (a) of Section
830.33, district attorney, or deputy district attorney that a felony or
misdemeanor has been committed, knowing the report to be false, is guilty of
a misdemeanor."

Oh well, time to put this little mistake to bed. Sorry for the detraction
from the real purpose of this NG. Won't happen again.

Mike

"Mike Dembroge" wrote in message
.com...
A friend of mine (whose dad is a retired CHP officer) sent this to me.

This
story is from her dad:

'OK -so I am pulling into the Home Depot parking lot today to get a garage
door opener with my kayak on my truck and some asshole construction worker
who was most likely drunk or on speed blows around me in his modified F350
and almost runs over a woman and her two small kids. The jerk yells at her
to get the f*@k out of his way as he lights up his tires. (Where's a cop
when you need one) As I find a parking space and get out of my truck I see
the same asshole parked in the handicap parking and takes up two spaces.

(NO
PLACARD)! As I walk by asshole has the nerve to say Hey "Kayaks are for
fags. Get a life and get a boat"!
I just smile. I let the jackass go into the store and when he does I ran
back to my truck and get my club steering wheel lock cause the sucker left
his window open. Yes - I reached in and clubed his steering wheel. Blamo
he's not going anywhere! Yup he's screwed! Next I got my cell phone and
called the police and tell them I see a man trying to steel a BBQ from

Depot gave details of the man and truck. Shorty after two police cars pull
up and the man is now at his truck going fu@*ng crazy cause he can't

move...

Guess what - HE GOT A PARKING TICKET FOR PARKING IN HANDICAP PARKING AND

HE
HAD TO PAY THE TOW TRUCK TO REMOVE MY CLUB! He almost went to jail for

being
out of control. I'm still laughing out loud! Ooops, I forgot to give him

the
key to unlock his new club?
I had to sit back and watch all the excitement with a huge smile...
PRICELESS!!!"

todd

[...]

sarchasm
Thanks, Mike. Until your post, this newsgroup was 100% on-topic. Way to
screw up a good thing.
/sarchasm

todd