todd

Default HUMOR: Getting even at Home Depot

"Mike Dembroge" wrote in message
.com...
Wow & oops! Last time I post a non-topic on a whim! Upon further review,

do believe the assumption that this is urban-legend is accurate. It does
make sense.

However, many of you seem to think this (fictitious) guy filed a false
report and that doing so is a felony. The story never says anything about
filing a report. He just made a call saying a guy was trying to steal a
BBQ. That's not filing a report. I called the police one night because a
guy was in my neighbor's yard at midnight snooping around their car.
Suppose he was looking for his lighter or something innocent like that.
Does that make me guilty of a felony?

I emailed the person who sent this to me rib her about all the responses

it
has received (I'm blown away by it), and told her about the false report
statements and it being a felony. Well, since she's the office manager

for
a law office, she sent me the following:
"Penal Code Section 148.5. (a) Every person who reports to any peace
officer listed in Section 830.1 or 830.2, or subdivision (a) of Section
830.33, district attorney, or deputy district attorney that a felony or
misdemeanor has been committed, knowing the report to be false, is guilty

of
a misdemeanor."

Oh well, time to put this little mistake to bed. Sorry for the detraction
from the real purpose of this NG. Won't happen again.

Mike

sarchasm
Thanks, Mike. Until your post, this newsgroup was 100% on-topic. Way to
screw up a good thing.
/sarchasm

todd