Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wood/glass glue question.

Hi..I want to glue marbles onto pop sickle sticks. It will be a stack of
pop sickle sticks with marbles..It is for a craft..I would like to know,
what kind of glue might be best, for my project? I will sand the side of
the marble to be glued, for a better bond..I am looking for strength..
thank you,
judy

Posted to rec.woodworking

Judy P wrote:
Hi..I want to glue marbles onto pop sickle sticks.

Silicone rubber is a natural, just don't be in a hurry.

Allow the silicone to cure before doing the next step.

I'd use clear.

Have fun.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Judy P" wrote in message
Hi..I want to glue marbles onto pop sickle sticks. It will be a stack of
pop sickle sticks with marbles..It is for a craft..I would like to know,
what kind of glue might be best, for my project? I will sand the side of
the marble to be glued, for a better bond..I am looking for strength..
thank you,

If you really need strength then the normal answer is epoxy, but it isn't
going to be easy to use. I would experiment with a hot melt glue because
from the sound of it you need a near instant bond unless you have a clever
scheme for holding all the marbles in place for several hours while the glue
goes off!

Tim w

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks to all who answered..I printed out responses and will check all
out..I am making a lamp..The bottom marbles and sticks are fine..I am
most concerned about the shade as it hangs with no support..
Thanks again,
judy

Posted to rec.woodworking

Judy P wrote:
Thanks to all who answered..I printed out responses and will check all
out..I am making a lamp..The bottom marbles and sticks are fine..I am
most concerned about the shade as it hangs with no support..

Your problem will be heat, not strength.

Lamps, especially incandescent ones, can get quite hot.

Don't think I would want either silicone or wood as part of the lamp
shade construction.

Lew

Need your help to glue panels of 6 panel door for stain glass installation. S. Stern Woodworking 8 April 7th 06 11:36 PM
How to glue glass?? !! Dee UK diy 21 March 6th 05 01:26 AM
white glue vs wood glue marcus Woodworking 8 December 19th 04 02:23 AM
Is there a glue for wood+glass ? AJ Woodworking 5 October 17th 04 10:19 AM
glue question for wet wood mel Woodworking 9 September 20th 03 02:04 PM