DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wood/glass glue question. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/197676-wood-glass-glue-question.html)

Judy P April 12th 07 01:54 AM

Wood/glass glue question.

Hi..I want to glue marbles onto pop sickle sticks. It will be a stack of
pop sickle sticks with marbles..It is for a craft..I would like to know,
what kind of glue might be best, for my project? I will sand the side of
the marble to be glued, for a better bond..I am looking for strength..
thank you,
judy

Lew Hodgett April 12th 07 02:13 AM

Wood/glass glue question.

Judy P wrote:
Hi..I want to glue marbles onto pop sickle sticks.

Silicone rubber is a natural, just don't be in a hurry.

Allow the silicone to cure before doing the next step.

I'd use clear.

Have fun.

Lew

[email protected] April 12th 07 03:08 AM

Wood/glass glue question.

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:54:36 -0400, (Judy P) wrote:

Hi..I want to glue marbles onto pop sickle sticks. It will be a stack of
pop sickle sticks with marbles..It is for a craft..I would like to know,
what kind of glue might be best, for my project? I will sand the side of
the marble to be glued, for a better bond..I am looking for strength..
thank you,
judy

Automotive windshield Urethane - comes in a caulking gun tube about
10$ or less. Wash the marble in alcohol for a good bond . Comes out
easy when warmed up and is very strong. A wee dab on the stick and
drop the marble into the dab and walk away. It takes a few hours at
room temp to set up. Get it on your hands and you wear it.

Pete

Tim W April 12th 07 10:59 AM

Wood/glass glue question.

"Judy P" wrote in message
Hi..I want to glue marbles onto pop sickle sticks. It will be a stack of
pop sickle sticks with marbles..It is for a craft..I would like to know,
what kind of glue might be best, for my project? I will sand the side of
the marble to be glued, for a better bond..I am looking for strength..
thank you,

If you really need strength then the normal answer is epoxy, but it isn't
going to be easy to use. I would experiment with a hot melt glue because
from the sound of it you need a near instant bond unless you have a clever
scheme for holding all the marbles in place for several hours while the glue
goes off!

Tim w

Judy P April 12th 07 08:39 PM

Wood/glass glue question.

Thanks to all who answered..I printed out responses and will check all
out..I am making a lamp..The bottom marbles and sticks are fine..I am
most concerned about the shade as it hangs with no support..
Thanks again,
judy

Lew Hodgett April 13th 07 12:49 AM

Wood/glass glue question.

Judy P wrote:
Thanks to all who answered..I printed out responses and will check all
out..I am making a lamp..The bottom marbles and sticks are fine..I am
most concerned about the shade as it hangs with no support..

Your problem will be heat, not strength.

Lamps, especially incandescent ones, can get quite hot.

Don't think I would want either silicone or wood as part of the lamp
shade construction.

Lew