Posted to rec.woodworking
Martie in MO

Default Woodpecker Unilift Router Lift

Does anyone have any first hand experience installing and using the
Woodpecker Unilift Router lift, especially with a Fein RT1800 router?
If anyone out there has any experience with other models of heavy
routers with the Unilift I would appreciate your input, both pros and
cons, as well. Thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Martie in MO" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone have any first hand experience installing and using the
Woodpecker Unilift Router lift, especially with a Fein RT1800 router? If
anyone out there has any experience with other models of heavy routers
with the Unilift I would appreciate your input, both pros and cons, as
well. Thanks.

This is not an answer to your question but..... If you can return that
Unilift you can buy a router for about the same amount of money that has the
router lifting feature built in and have an extra router instead of $300
invested in just a lift.

Look at Milwaukee, Delta, Bosch, Triton, PC. Most all these brands have a
model with a built in course and fine height adjustment control.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tyke

I have the Unilift but it is used with a Bosch 1617EVS router.

Looking at the way the Unilift is built, I would not hesitate to use it with
a heavy router. I would have more concern with my MDF router table top
sagging over time.

I am able to get the high adjustment accuracy I wanted from above the table.
The lift locks in place with a 1/4 turn of a screw. Other models claim to
be self locking.

With my particular router I loose about 3/8in of max bit height. Other than
this I have been very pleased.

If you do not already own your Fein RT1800 router, there are more models of
router which now accomodate above the table height adjustment.

Dave Paine.

"Martie in MO" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone have any first hand experience installing and using the
Woodpecker Unilift Router lift, especially with a Fein RT1800 router? If
anyone out there has any experience with other models of heavy routers
with the Unilift I would appreciate your input, both pros and cons, as
well. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Martie in MO

I appreciate your comments. Unfortunately, returning the router is not
an option as I have had it for about 4 or 5 years now. I bought it
primarily with the itention of using it with a router table but also as
a portable router that can handle heavy jobs. I didn't want the
inflexibity of a stationary shaper. It's packs a lot of power and I
like the variable speed capability. I'm a little dismayed that router
lift manufacturers haven't included Fein routers in their designs any
more than they have. Still, I'm hopeful that other manufactures beside
Woodpecker will include Fein in future designs giving me additional
options.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Martie in MO

Thanks for your comments Dave. I do own this router. From what I have
found on the Web, Woodpecker is the only manufacturer of a lift that
fits my RT1800. I'm going to delay a buy decision until I can see one
of the lifts firsthand. Lifts are cheap so I don't want to lay out
some denero before I know if it fills the bill. Tool manufacturers are
constantly coming up with new innovations, such as the collet extension
that have recently hit the market place. Have you considered one of
these to compensate for the lose of height you mentioned? Maybe
additional lift choices are not too far down the road. If not, I may
have to get creative.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

I was suggesting you return the router lift not the router.

You can buy a router for the price of the lift that will not need a lift.
then you will have an extra router for about the same price.

"Martie in MO" wrote in message
ups.com...
I appreciate your comments. Unfortunately, returning the router is not
an option as I have had it for about 4 or 5 years now. I bought it
primarily with the itention of using it with a router table but also as
a portable router that can handle heavy jobs. I didn't want the
inflexibity of a stationary shaper. It's packs a lot of power and I
like the variable speed capability. I'm a little dismayed that router
lift manufacturers haven't included Fein routers in their designs any
more than they have. Still, I'm hopeful that other manufactures beside
Woodpecker will include Fein in future designs giving me additional
options.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

The collet extensions are a bad idea. No matter how well they are balanced
(and they likly aren't), they will induce whip and be hard on your bearings.

oups.com...