Posted to rec.woodworking
Tyke

Default Woodpecker Unilift Router Lift

I have the Unilift but it is used with a Bosch 1617EVS router.

Looking at the way the Unilift is built, I would not hesitate to use it with
a heavy router. I would have more concern with my MDF router table top
sagging over time.

I am able to get the high adjustment accuracy I wanted from above the table.
The lift locks in place with a 1/4 turn of a screw. Other models claim to
be self locking.

With my particular router I loose about 3/8in of max bit height. Other than
this I have been very pleased.

If you do not already own your Fein RT1800 router, there are more models of
router which now accomodate above the table height adjustment.

Dave Paine.

"Martie in MO" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone have any first hand experience installing and using the
Woodpecker Unilift Router lift, especially with a Fein RT1800 router? If
anyone out there has any experience with other models of heavy routers
with the Unilift I would appreciate your input, both pros and cons, as
well. Thanks.