Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Woodpecker Unilift Router Lift

The collet extensions are a bad idea. No matter how well they are balanced
(and they likly aren't), they will induce whip and be hard on your bearings.

"Martie in MO" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for your comments Dave. I do own this router. From what I have
found on the Web, Woodpecker is the only manufacturer of a lift that
fits my RT1800. I'm going to delay a buy decision until I can see one
of the lifts firsthand. Lifts are cheap so I don't want to lay out
some denero before I know if it fills the bill. Tool manufacturers are
constantly coming up with new innovations, such as the collet extension
that have recently hit the market place. Have you considered one of
these to compensate for the lose of height you mentioned? Maybe
additional lift choices are not too far down the road. If not, I may
have to get creative.