Never Enough Money

Default Will a Veritas Router Table Accept a Lift?

Anybody know if you can outfit the Veritas Router Table with a router
lift? Seems most lifts require a rectangual baseplate....

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...ren cy=2&SID=
Upscale

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
om...
Anybody know if you can outfit the Veritas Router Table with a router
lift? Seems most lifts require a rectangual baseplate....

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...ren cy=2&SID=

It's basically a sheet of metal. There might be a way to attach a lift to
it, bit it would be a real pain in the ass to install a functional lift. I
can also see the mechanism of a lift clashing with the attached router
attachment mechanism. You'd likely need to do some welding and take the
chance of destroying the temper of the plate as well as accidentally cutting
through it.. I wouldn't consider it for more than a few very short seconds.

Matt

Look at the other router table parts
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...ren cy=1&SID=

specifically at the bit jack

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
om...
Anybody know if you can outfit the Veritas Router Table with a router
lift? Seems most lifts require a rectangual baseplate....

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...ren cy=2&SID=

Upscale

"Matt" wrote in message
Look at the other router table parts

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...ren cy=1&SID=

specifically at the bit jack

Is there anyone here that is using this bit jack? I was wondering if it can
be reversed to lower the router with the same .002 gradations that it can
raise them?

Never Enough Money

Wow. That's clever. Looks like it uses the plunge mechanism in a
plunge router. Wouldn't it be nice to be an engineer for Veritas?

I have a fixed based router. I could get a plunge but that' cost me as
much as the lift itself.

I;m converging on buying a bench dog lift and table and fence. And
building my own cabinet to mount it on. Athough I haven't research
router table fences very much....