FRANK LUFF

Default Reverse Gloat

For those who were commenting on me delivery my planer to Houston:

I just sold a whole bunch of Bessy K-body clamps, 24" and 36", for $35 a
pair, got that A PAIR.

Eat your hearts out

(Sorry for wasting the bandwidth)

Frank

FRANK LUFF

Ahhhh Yeaaa - Hence the subject line REVERSE Gloat. It's a gloat for some
one else not me.

F.

"Leon" wrote in message

"FRANK LUFF" wrote in message
For those who were commenting on me delivery my planer to Houston:

I just sold a whole bunch of Bessy K-body clamps, 24" and 36", for $35 a
pair, got that A PAIR.

Eat your hearts out

(Sorry for wasting the bandwidth)

Frank

Sounds like you lost money on the clamps.

LRod

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 18:18:02 GMT, "FRANK LUFF"
wrote:

For those who were commenting on me delivery my planer to Houston:

For my part, I thought your "no-I-won't-deliver-to-Houston" was
perfectly understated and hilarious.

I just sold a whole bunch of Bessy K-body clamps, 24" and 36", for $35 a
pair, got that A PAIR.

My question is, "why in the world would you sell a bunch (whole or
otherwise) of Bessey K-bodies" in the first place," and, "why so far
below market value," in the second?

Eat your hearts out

Well, yeah. I must have missed your FS posting--thanks...

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Thomas

Hey, don't think I don't appreciate the deal on the clamps, not to mention
the Delta 16 1/2" drill press, 1 hp Powermatic mortiser(with a full set of
chisels), 6 inch Jet jointer, not to mention the forstner and boremax bits
you threw in for good measure. Thanks for the great deals Frank. Those
clamps are gonna come in mighty handy! Much appreciated.
Thomas

"Leon" wrote in message

"FRANK LUFF" wrote in message
For those who were commenting on me delivery my planer to Houston:

I just sold a whole bunch of Bessy K-body clamps, 24" and 36", for $35 a
pair, got that A PAIR.

Eat your hearts out

(Sorry for wasting the bandwidth)

Frank

Sounds like you lost money on the clamps.

Unquestionably Confused

FRANK LUFF wrote:
Divorced. Living in apartment. No shop space. Everything in storage 1-1/2
years, rusting. Storage cost $180 per month. Got it?

Got it! What else needs saving from the ravages of time, moisture and
storage?

Remember, we're all here to help youg

LRod

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:18:47 GMT, "FRANK LUFF"
wrote:

Divorced.

Sorry.

Living in apartment.

Been there. Lived in a condo for four years before moving into this
house.

No shop space.

I made some drawers for a kitchen remodel out in the yard. Had all of
my hand power tools, plus a small workbench, and one of my roll-around
tool chests in the spare bedroom. Didn't sell anything.

Everything in storage 1-1/2 years, rusting.

A) K-bodies don't take up much space. Surely a closet... 2) K-bodies
don't rust.

Storage cost $180 per month.

Geez, how much storage do you have? When I had four units going (two
of them 10x20, the other two were smaller) I wasn't paying much more
than that. Now that I'm down to two (the big two), I'm paying quite a
bit less than that.

Got it?

Well, no, quite frankly. I'd have sold my Unisaw, or my DC-380, maybe
even one of the kids, before I'd have sold a single K-body,
especially at divorce prices...oh.

Oh, well.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Toller

Yeh, I know how you feel.
Today I sold a nice lathe with copying jig, tools, stand, and other
accessories for $70. Cost over $500. I felt like crap.

No wait... I bought it for $70. I feel great. Sorry...

Frank

Don't feel sorry. It was one of the best things I ever did for my self.

Do you know why divorces are so expensive?

They're worth it.

I did keep a Veritas 4-1/2 smoother and Lie Nielson dovetail saw. I could
pick up a couple of good panel saws, rip and cross cut, a good jack and
jointer plane, maybe a scrub plane and build just about anything I want out
on my patio, without all the noise and dust.

Maybe I should have kept the Bessys, but newly divorced people don't think
clearly. I believe it is better for someone to put them to good use than
for me to hide them in a closet. You know, all of us wooddorkers are in
this together. If we don't help each other who will?

F. (sorry for wasting the bandwidth)

"LRod" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:18:47 GMT, "FRANK LUFF"
wrote:

Divorced.

Sorry.

reverse gloat Grant Erwin Metalworking 2 September 14th 05 05:16 PM
Now This is a Gloat! (kinda long) Schroeder Woodworking 9 March 9th 05 11:53 PM
GLOAT MAJOR GLOAT A REALLY BIG GLOAT jerry Woodworking 22 December 19th 04 05:33 PM
gloat gloat gloat (sort of) Silvan Woodworking 23 February 28th 04 06:18 AM
Gloat, gloat, gloat Joe C Woodworking 10 October 24th 03 12:24 AM