CNT

Default Freud phone number???

Anyone know Freud company phone number? I need to call them and ask what
retailer sells Freud router bits in my town. I drove around and looks like
no body sells Freud in Milwaukee, WI!?!?

Home Depot, Woodcraft, Rockler, etc, does NOT have 'em.

Chuck

CNT

I believe I didn't have any typo when using Google??

Chuck

Ever used Google??

David

I was just teasing you.

search for "freud tools" instead of just "freud". Their website has
their phone number.

Dave

CNT wrote:

I believe I didn't have any typo when using Google??

Chuck

Ever used Google??

CNT

I used "freud router bit" and few others.

One came up www.freud-tools.com and they were VERY RUDE! I am Deaf and need
to call people thru relay service. They said they will not accept a relay
call. I dialed 8 times to hear the same thing.

I just called that 800 number you gave me and lead me to call Muller Co.

Chuck

gw

"CNT" wrote in message
I used "freud router bit" and few others.

One came up www.freud-tools.com and they were VERY RUDE! I am Deaf and

need
to call people thru relay service. They said they will not accept a relay
call. I dialed 8 times to hear the same thing.

I just called that 800 number you gave me and lead me to call Muller Co.

Chuck

Chuck,

I hate to say this, but working in a business with an 800 number, we have
received a fair number of relay calls. Each and every one has been an
attempt at fraud.

Our operator will spend 30 minutes or more on the line (at our cost), only
to find out that the person on the other end wants to buy a large quantity
of what we sell, have it shipped to an international address, and pay with
an offshore cashiers check or foreign credit card.

Now obviously, I am not implying that the hearing impaired are scammers -
it's just that the scammers seem to have found this to be an anonymous way
of plying their trade. It's unfortunate that this method of communication
has been tainted for the people who need it. Our experience may have led
some companies to institute a policy of not accepting relay calls.

Gary

CNT

Spock said to Kirk... "The good of the many outweighs the good of the few,
or the one."

Chuck

Another case of the "few" spoiling things for the "many". How
shameful can people be?? Don't answer--that was rhetorical.

CNT

I live in Milwaukee, WI. The whole reason I want Freud's number is to get a
retailer that sells Freud router bits, guess what, there aren't any in this
town!?!? I will have to order it thru Amazon.com ( 97-108 for $154.99 ).

Chuck

Lew Hodgett

CNT wrote:
I live in Milwaukee, WI. The whole reason I want Freud's number is to get a
retailer that sells Freud router bits, guess what, there aren't any in this
town!?!? I will have to order it thru Amazon.com ( 97-108 for $154.99 ).

Just for funzies, as long as shipping is involved, might want to check
CMT in Iowa?

Lew
Duane Bozarth

Lew Hodgett wrote:

CNT wrote:
I live in Milwaukee, WI. The whole reason I want Freud's number is to get a
retailer that sells Freud router bits, guess what, there aren't any in this
town!?!? I will have to order it thru Amazon.com ( 97-108 for $154.99 ).

Just for funzies, as long as shipping is involved, might want to check
CMT in Iowa?

Or Whiteside...I have no idea what that part no actually is, but unless
it is a unique Freud profile or you have some other reason for requiring
Freud, there may be good quality alternatives less expensive (but maybe
not, too)...

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 19 May 2005 17:39:23 -0000, CNT wrote:
I live in Milwaukee, WI. The whole reason I want Freud's number is to get a
retailer that sells Freud router bits, guess what, there aren't any in this
town!?!? I will have to order it thru Amazon.com ( 97-108 for $154.99 ).

Have you tried the Rockler's on Highway 100 and just north of Wisconsin,
and Neu's hardware in (Menomenee Falls maybe)?

John

What shipping? Amazon usually waives the shipping for orders
totalling more than $25 (or there abouts)

So, unless folks want/need it overnight there typically is NO shipping
charges and no TAX

John

On Thu, 19 May 2005 17:48:03 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

CNT wrote:
I live in Milwaukee, WI. The whole reason I want Freud's number is to get a
retailer that sells Freud router bits, guess what, there aren't any in this
town!?!? I will have to order it thru Amazon.com ( 97-108 for $154.99 ).

Just for funzies, as long as shipping is involved, might want to check
CMT in Iowa?

Lew

CNT

Rockler don't sell Freuds...
Thanks for mention Neu's, I am on my way there NOW!

Chuck

Have you tried the Rockler's on Highway 100 and just north of
Wisconsin, and Neu's hardware in (Menomenee Falls maybe)?

Doug Miller

In article , CNT wrote:
I used "freud router bit" and few others.

One came up www.freud-tools.com and they were VERY RUDE! I am Deaf and need
to call people thru relay service. They said they will not accept a relay
call. I dialed 8 times to hear the same thing.

Oh, boy, I smell the shark-bait now. I bet if you have a lawyer write them a
letter mentioning the ADA, they'll change their policy in a big hurry. What a
bunch of jerks.

I have a friend who's deaf, and I've used a relay service dozens of times to
talk to him. It's no big deal - can't imagine what their problem is, other
than massive ignorance. Maybe I'll prefer to buy from their competitors next
time I need bits or blades. No reason for them to go out of their way to make
life hard for you.

--
Regards,

Edwin Pawlowski

"CNT" wrote in message
I used "freud router bit" and few others.

One came up www.freud-tools.com and they were VERY RUDE! I am Deaf and
need
to call people thru relay service. They said they will not accept a relay
call. I dialed 8 times to hear the same thing.

Then why would you want to do business with them? If that is their
attitude, use other brands. A relay call takes but a few seconds more than
normal.

www.infinitytools.com or www.routerbits.com or many other good brands
around.

Robatoy

In article , CNT
wrote:

They said they will not accept a relay
call. I dialed 8 times to hear the same thing.

I'm appalled! There are plenty of good quality routerbits around. Who
needs Freud?
CNT

I went inside Neu's and they had Freud stand (about time I see one after
all driving around). However, they didn't have the set I am looking for.
Not only that, their price is little higher too.

Amazon has the best price right now and NO tax and NO shipping charges.

Chuck

Thanks for mention Neu's, I am on my way there NOW!

Have you tried the Rockler's on Highway 100 and just north of
Wisconsin, and Neu's hardware in (Menomenee Falls maybe)?

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , CNT wrote:
I used "freud router bit" and few others.

One came up www.freud-tools.com and they were VERY RUDE! I am Deaf and need
to call people thru relay service. They said they will not accept a relay
call. I dialed 8 times to hear the same thing.

Oh, boy, I smell the shark-bait now. I bet if you have a lawyer write them a
letter mentioning the ADA, they'll change their policy in a big hurry. What a
bunch of jerks.

I'll betcha ya *not*. grin

See the other messages about the _fraud_ being perpetrated via that service.

It's a good service, for the hearing impaired. but many businesses can make
a _very_real_ case for not accepting such calls to their _order_ line.

I have a friend who's deaf, and I've used a relay service dozens of times to
talk to him. It's no big deal - can't imagine what their problem is, other
than massive ignorance.

The 'deal', as you put it, is "*frequent*, massive, fraud" attempts. The
criminals have discovered that the call through the 'relay' service leaves
*NO* tracks back to them. The company gets the _relay's_ Caller-ID (or ANI)
info, not the fraudster's.

See the other postings in the thread for more info.

CNT

Uh... ordered, but delivery estimate 6/3 - 6/13 (today's 5/19!)

Chuck

Amazon has the best price right now and NO tax and NO shipping charges.

CNT

I hit the Send too fast... what I really want to ask is if you know of any
coupons for this, please pass it to me. Did google and nothing as of now.

Chuck
David

You can easily cancel an Amazon order on line.

Dave

CNT wrote:

I hit the Send too fast... what I really want to ask is if you know of any
coupons for this, please pass it to me. Did google and nothing as of now.

Chuck

Duane Bozarth

David wrote:

You can easily cancel an Amazon order on line.

Maybe...I've tried on occasion almost immediately and it was already "in
the system" and wouldn't allow it. On an item w/ delayed delivery date,
probably. Just thought I'd mention it doesn't always let you even if
you try right after the submission.

Duane Bozarth

David wrote:

You can easily cancel an Amazon order on line.

Maybe...I tried on one occasion almost immediately and it was already
"in the system" and wouldn't allow it. On an item w/ delayed delivery
date, probably. Just thought I'd mention it doesn't always let you even
if you try right after the submission.

jo4hn

CNT wrote:
Anyone know Freud company phone number? I need to call them and ask what
retailer sells Freud router bits in my town. I drove around and looks like
no body sells Freud in Milwaukee, WI!?!?

Home Depot, Woodcraft, Rockler, etc, does NOT have 'em.

Chuck

Oh, Dr. Freud, oh, Dr. Freud
How I wish that you'd been otherwise employed
For the set of circumstances sure enhances the finances
Of the followers of Dr. Sigmund Freud.

[Chad Mitchell Trio]

musically yours,
jo4hn
CNT

Thanks, but WHY should I want to cancel the order? I still want it.
Was there something I overlooked? The part # was 97-108
FWIW, I still can cancel it since it's still before SHIPPED date.

Chuck

You can easily cancel an Amazon order on line.

David

When you wrote that you hit "send" too fast, I thought you meant you
ordered the stuff w/o meaning to. DUH! Now I know you meant in
reference to the newsgroup. anyway, now you have a phone number for
Amazon that they don't give out easily.

Dave

CNT wrote:
Thanks, but WHY should I want to cancel the order? I still want it.
Was there something I overlooked? The part # was 97-108
FWIW, I still can cancel it since it's still before SHIPPED date.

Chuck

You can easily cancel an Amazon order on line.

Patriarch

CNT wrote in :

Rockler don't sell Freuds...
Thanks for mention Neu's, I am on my way there NOW!

Chuck

Have you tried the Rockler's on Highway 100 and just north of
Wisconsin, and Neu's hardware in (Menomenee Falls maybe)?

They sell a very good Amana line...
CNT

WithOUT backcutters...

Chuck

They sell a very good Amana line...

CNT

That was for Freud... relax

Chuck

anyway, now you have a phone number for
Amazon that they don't give out easily.

Patriarch

CNT wrote in :

WithOUT backcutters...

Chuck

They sell a very good Amana line...

OK. So you did more research than I did. ;-)

Prometheus

On Thu, 19 May 2005 16:07:09 -0000, CNT wrote:

Anyone know Freud company phone number? I need to call them and ask what
retailer sells Freud router bits in my town. I drove around and looks like
no body sells Freud in Milwaukee, WI!?!?

Home Depot, Woodcraft, Rockler, etc, does NOT have 'em.

Farm and Fleet has them, or at least they did the last time I checked.
The one in Eau Claire seems to change their entire stock every couple
of weeks, though. Otherwise, Sears may have them- I know they carry
the blades.

Chuck

David

No. I gave a number for amazon as well as Freud. Keep up!

Dave

CNT wrote:
That was for Freud... relax

Chuck

anyway, now you have a phone number for
Amazon that they don't give out easily.

CNT

OK, you won! (but you still need to capitalize the A in amazon, and
additionally should add ".com").

Chuck

No. I gave a number for amazon as well as Freud. Keep up!

Old Nick

he's dead.