Default RIDGID Power Tools

RIDGID power tools are made by Techtronic Industries out of Hong Kong.
TTI, as they are known, recently acuired MILWAUKEE brand power tools.
They also own RYOBI, HOMELITE, and DIRT DEVIL.

RIDGID is to RYOBI what DeWalt is to Black & Decker.

I happen to be in the market for a 12" Compound Miter Saw. I own many
DeWalt tools and they have treated me well for the most part.

When I go to Chicago (135 miles from home) I always eat at the same 2
restaurants (Mia Francesca and Greek Islands for you Chicagoans). I do
so because I know I can count on a great meal every time. But, I
always wonder what I'm missing out on.

The question is:

Should I buy the trusted DeWalt, or in the name of trying something
new, go with the RIDGID?

Edwin Pawlowski

" wrote in message
The question is:

Should I buy the trusted DeWalt, or in the name of trying something
new, go with the RIDGID?

If the Ridgid is a hundred buck less, I'd consider it. For the same price,
no contest, go with DeWalt.

Kyle Boatright

" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

The question is:

Should I buy the trusted DeWalt, or in the name of trying something
new, go with the RIDGID?

Go with the tool you like best - check out the features, the ergonomics, and
the apparent build quality.

I've got several tools in each of these brands, and have been satisfied with
all of 'em.

KB

Robatoy

In article .com,
" wrote:

[snipperized for brevitization]
The question is:

Should I buy the trusted DeWalt, or in the name of trying something
new, go with the RIDGID?

I own a few Ridgid pieces.
The 2610 ROS sander is a dream. (It's a Metabo made in Germany)
The 2400 portable table saw is perfect for the job. Soft start, plenty
of balls, the fence is more than adequate and there is room to drop in
an insert for a router table.
And I just love their new laminate trimmer.... I mean... Soft start EVS,
permanent magnet motor, will take Porter Cable style guide bushings,
comes with some pretty serious guides, cheap, sweet and functional.
I'm picking up another one to toss in my toolbox with a 1/8" roundover
bit and another one to put on small skates with a 3/4" straight bit to
clean up glue-lines after I join two pieces of Solid Surfacing.

Not much else by Ridgid appeals to me.

Nothing by DeWalt appeals to me. Nothing. Okay.. that 735 planer has
some appeal.. too much money here in Kanuckistan though...getting too
close to a proper 15" Delta planer in price.
Nick Bozovich

I got the DeWalt 706 dual bevel compound miter - It's GREAT!! Plus, when I
bought it, the price was right - Lowe's 20% off sale plus I got an employee
discount through a family member. Great saw -

Nick B

" wrote in message
oups.com...
RIDGID power tools are made by Techtronic Industries out of Hong Kong.
TTI, as they are known, recently acuired MILWAUKEE brand power tools.
They also own RYOBI, HOMELITE, and DIRT DEVIL.

RIDGID is to RYOBI what DeWalt is to Black & Decker.

I happen to be in the market for a 12" Compound Miter Saw. I own many
DeWalt tools and they have treated me well for the most part.

When I go to Chicago (135 miles from home) I always eat at the same 2
restaurants (Mia Francesca and Greek Islands for you Chicagoans). I do
so because I know I can count on a great meal every time. But, I
always wonder what I'm missing out on.

The question is:

Should I buy the trusted DeWalt, or in the name of trying something
new, go with the RIDGID?

D. Mo

"Nick Bozovich" wrote in message
I got the DeWalt 706 dual bevel compound miter - It's GREAT!! Plus, when

bought it, the price was right - Lowe's 20% off sale plus I got an

employee
discount through a family member. Great saw -

Nick B

Oh of course you'd go with the De Walt being an employee of Lowes. Now for
a more balance veiw, that of a Home Depot employee. :-D

We just opened a new store here in NH and well when we were fitting shelving
we could mark down any tool we needed for store use. We used a Dewalt.
Like all lines some of Ridgid is better than others.

D. Mo

WillR

Robatoy wrote:
In article .com,
" wrote:

[...]

Whenever my wife goes to HD she always asks about their Ridgid tools. HD
hires a lot of guys with a speech impediment =-- cause they all seem to
stutter.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Robatoy

In article ,
WillR wrote:

Whenever my wife goes to HD she always asks about their Ridgid tools. HD
hires a lot of guys with a speech impediment =-- cause they all seem to
stutter.

A computer tech I use is from Barbados. He likes asking innocent girls
at the drug store for skin-coloured band-aids.
They also stammer and stutter quite a bit...G

WTB: Pre-owned american made power and hand tools USENET READER Woodworking 0 March 31st 05 06:48 AM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. John Rumm UK diy 87 March 8th 05 09:43 PM
Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 07:12 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM