WillR

Robatoy wrote:
In article .com,
" wrote:

[snipperized for brevitization]

The question is:

Should I buy the trusted DeWalt, or in the name of trying something
new, go with the RIDGID?

I own a few Ridgid pieces.
The 2610 ROS sander is a dream. (It's a Metabo made in Germany)
The 2400 portable table saw is perfect for the job. Soft start, plenty
of balls, the fence is more than adequate and there is room to drop in
an insert for a router table.
And I just love their new laminate trimmer.... I mean... Soft start EVS,
permanent magnet motor, will take Porter Cable style guide bushings,
comes with some pretty serious guides, cheap, sweet and functional.
I'm picking up another one to toss in my toolbox with a 1/8" roundover
bit and another one to put on small skates with a 3/4" straight bit to
clean up glue-lines after I join two pieces of Solid Surfacing.

Not much else by Ridgid appeals to me.

Whenever my wife goes to HD she always asks about their Ridgid tools. HD
hires a lot of guys with a speech impediment =-- cause they all seem to
stutter.

Nothing by DeWalt appeals to me. Nothing. Okay.. that 735 planer has
some appeal.. too much money here in Kanuckistan though...getting too
close to a proper 15" Delta planer in price.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek