Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Tablesaw Purchase

I'm trying to decide between 2 contractor tablesaws

The first is a Jet JWTS-10 Model 708100 and the other is the Ridgid 3650.

I've read about everything I can find and have looked at both saws but
haven't had a chance to use either. They seem pretty similar except for a
few less significant figures, so does anyone have a favorite and why.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.

Attached Thumbnails
Tablesaw Purchase-jet708100-jpg  Tablesaw Purchase-ts3650-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

things to look at.
1. horse power of the motor.
2. is it direct drive or belt
3. 110 or 220 volt
4. can you get extension for it.
5. how good is the fence. Is it sturdy

Hope these question will help

Ifso

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm trying to decide between 2 contractor tablesaws

The first is a Jet JWTS-10 Model 708100 and the other is the Ridgid 3650.

I've read about everything I can find and have looked at both saws but
haven't had a chance to use either. They seem pretty similar except for a
few less significant figures, so does anyone have a favorite and why.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
IYAAYAS

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm trying to decide between 2 contractor tablesaws

The first is a Jet JWTS-10 Model 708100 and the other is the Ridgid 3650.

I've read about everything I can find and have looked at both saws but
haven't had a chance to use either. They seem pretty similar except for a
few less significant figures, so does anyone have a favorite and why.

From what I can see of the photos, the Jet has stamped wings wile the Rigid
has cast iron. Go for cast iron if everything else is about equal. Other
than that, the fence is the deal maker/breaker if one is much better than
the other. They look similar but you have to fondle them to be sure.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The Ridgid has the better fence from what I've seen and it has built in
t-tracks, plus cast iron wings. It also has the better system for moving it
which is important because the "shop" is the garage and it needs to be easy
to move back and forth because of my medical limitations.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
IYAAYAS
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm trying to decide between 2 contractor tablesaws

The first is a Jet JWTS-10 Model 708100 and the other is the Ridgid 3650.

I've read about everything I can find and have looked at both saws but
haven't had a chance to use either. They seem pretty similar except for a
few less significant figures, so does anyone have a favorite and why.

From what I can see of the photos, the Jet has stamped wings wile the
Rigid has cast iron. Go for cast iron if everything else is about equal.
Other than that, the fence is the deal maker/breaker if one is much better
than the other. They look similar but you have to fondle them to be sure.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:40:06 -0600, "asmurff" wrote:

The Ridgid has the better fence from what I've seen and it has built in
t-tracks, plus cast iron wings. It also has the better system for moving it
which is important because the "shop" is the garage and it needs to be easy
to move back and forth because of my medical limitations.

The Ridgid is very easy to move...
Like all things, it needs careful adjustment, especially if your floor had any
bumps or high spots..

I had to play with the leg adjustment a few times to have the saw stable when
the wheels are up, but also be able to roll it over high spots in the cement on
my carport..
As with all table saws, resist the temptation to use the rails to roll it around
with.. DAMHIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

We have the Ridgid, damn nice saw!
Works great, seems to be quite accurate on the cuts and if you get the
folding table for it, it's easy to move around and store.
It's over two years old now and still like new after a load of remodeling

yup...
a great saw for it's type.

Not that I have experienced any of the fancy schmancy ones ya know.

Kate

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm trying to decide between 2 contractor tablesaws

The first is a Jet JWTS-10 Model 708100 and the other is the Ridgid 3650.

I've read about everything I can find and have looked at both saws but
haven't had a chance to use either. They seem pretty similar except for a
few less significant figures, so does anyone have a favorite and why.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
IYAAYAS

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

NOTE: Sorry, didn't mean FOLDING
Had a brain fart and combined it with my Ridgid miter saw...

That's what you get when you type after spending an evening with Ron
Bacardi.
But the base does work nicely, though it was a bit of a pain to get it all
adjusted well it's been a great saw.

K.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

No brainer....go with the Rigid. Better price, well made, the
Herc-U-Lift system for moving it around can not be beat, it is so easy
to move around that even the wife can do it.... without instructions...

asmurff wrote:
I'm trying to decide between 2 contractor tablesaws

The first is a Jet JWTS-10 Model 708100 and the other is the Ridgid 3650.

I've read about everything I can find and have looked at both saws but
haven't had a chance to use either. They seem pretty similar except for a
few less significant figures, so does anyone have a favorite and why.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I've decided on the Ridgid also, for all the reasons you said plus those of
others in the group. And it has a 5 year warranty.

pssst does your wife know you said that lol!!!!

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
IYAAYAS
. ..

asmurff wrote:
I'm trying to decide between 2 contractor tablesaws

The first is a Jet JWTS-10 Model 708100 and the other is the Ridgid 3650.

I've read about everything I can find and have looked at both saws but
haven't had a chance to use either. They seem pretty similar except for a
few less significant figures, so does anyone have a favorite and why.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mapdude" wrote in message
. ..
No brainer....go with the Rigid. Better price, well made, the
Herc-U-Lift system for moving it around can not be beat, it is so easy
to move around that even the wife can do it.... without instructions...
---
ON THAT NOTE!
What EVER you do, NEVER grab the side of the herculift and try to schooch it
a little, this is what happens:
It collapsed, trapping my husband's left hand and pinning him until he could
manage to contortion around far enough to get himself free, several minutes
up in the shop all alone.

Just food for thought, he lost two fingernails on this one and scared the
s*it out of me.

Attached Thumbnails
Tablesaw Purchase-ouch-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This from another discussion group with occasionally same malady.

For years now several people that frequent this news group often blame
their
goof-ups on brain farts. Well, I learned today that brain farts are a
scientific reality. As a matter of fact, there is ongoing research on
brain
farts! For more info, click on the link below.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com:80/id/24245...5773?GT1=31037

Please note that the above link may only be valid for a limited time.

Kate wrote:
NOTE: Sorry, didn't mean FOLDING
Had a brain fart and combined it with my Ridgid miter saw...

That's what you get when you type after spending an evening with Ron
Bacardi.
But the base does work nicely, though it was a bit of a pain to get it all
adjusted well it's been a great saw.

K.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Tablesaw Purchase-Gloat

Only a gloat because I'm like a kid with new tools. I picked up the Ridgid
TS3650 today and got it unpacked. Tomorrow I'll put it together. I always
knew the Delta Shopmaster I had was rinky-dink, but it was starkly evident
just in unpacking the Ridgid. It did serve it's purpose of being lightweight
and easy to move before I finally settled in one location.

--

"asmurff" wrote in message
I'm trying to decide between 2 contractor tablesaws

The first is a Jet JWTS-10 Model 708100 and the other is the Ridgid 3650.

I've read about everything I can find and have looked at both saws but
haven't had a chance to use either. They seem pretty similar except for a
few less significant figures, so does anyone have a favorite and why.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
IYAAYAS

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kate" wrote in message
It collapsed, trapping my husband's left hand and pinning him until he
could
manage to contortion around far enough to get himself free, several
minutes
up in the shop all alone.

OUCH ! ! !
Good reminder for the rest of us. Alone in the shop can be a danger. I have
an intercom on the workbench, but I try to remember to put my cell phone in
my pocket too.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Rigid power tools have a lifetime warranty if you send in the required
info after you register it.

asmurff wrote:
I've decided on the Ridgid also, for all the reasons you said plus those of
others in the group. And it has a 5 year warranty.

pssst does your wife know you said that lol!!!!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

asmurff wrote:
I've decided on the Ridgid also, for all the reasons you said plus those of
others in the group. And it has a 5 year warranty.

pssst does your wife know you said that lol!!!!

The OP tried to tell you but you appear to have missed the difference between
having a Ridgid tool and a rigid tool. I have a Ridgid tool that I cut wood
with. Then there's the rigid tool a cat couldn't scratch.

You should learn the difference.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS3660-T...w/EN/index.htm

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:26:35 -0600, "asmurff" wrote:

Congratulations!

Take a little extra time setting up the rails and calibrating them to the blade
and fence...
I really enjoy the magnifier window and micro-adjustment wheel on the fence but
the setup is critical..

Only a gloat because I'm like a kid with new tools. I picked up the Ridgid
TS3650 today and got it unpacked. Tomorrow I'll put it together. I always
knew the Delta Shopmaster I had was rinky-dink, but it was starkly evident
just in unpacking the Ridgid. It did serve it's purpose of being lightweight
and easy to move before I finally settled in one location.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
IYAAYAS

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

that's easy for you young whipper snappers to say....