Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tablesaw purchase help

I'm getting to buy a contractor tablesaw and will chose between the Jet
JWTS-10 Model 708100 or the Ridgid 3650, anyone have a favorite and why.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:25:54 -0600, "asmurff" wrote:

I'm getting to buy a contractor tablesaw and will chose between the Jet
JWTS-10 Model 708100 or the Ridgid 3650, anyone have a favorite and why.

I have the Ridgid and really like it, but since I was using a Shopsmith before
that, anything would be an improvement..
I like the fence and overall workings, the rails fit and work very well and the
(included) lift/wheels work well if you can keep the bolts from vibrating loose
in the lift cross-bars..

I'd buy it again...

Never used the Jet.. but have had several Jet lathes that were excellent..
apples and oranges?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 21, 4:25*pm, "asmurff" wrote:
I'm getting to buy a contractor tablesaw and will chose between the Jet
JWTS-10 Model 708100 or the Ridgid 3650, anyone have a favorite and why.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
IYAAYAS

I have the Ridgid and love it... The fence is solid and works like a
dream. This more of a woodworkers saw that any other contractor saw
out there, at least that's how I feel about it...
It has the power to cut 2" maple with out a problem and is well build.

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I'm getting to buy a contractor tablesaw and will chose between the Jet
JWTS-10 Model 708100 or the Ridgid 3650, anyone have a favorite and why.

I have the Ridgid and really like it, but since I was using a Shopsmith
before that, anything would be an improvement..

Hey whats wrong with a Shopsmith? It has it's purpose. I use mine every now
and then. Specially like using it to bore hinge holes. I can't comment on
which to buy since I have a Jet Cabinet saw and it would not compare to the
contractor style. But I love my JET!!

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I'm getting to buy a contractor tablesaw and will chose between the Jet
JWTS-10 Model 708100 or the Ridgid 3650, anyone have a favorite and why.

I have the Ridgid and really like it, but since I was using a Shopsmith
before that, anything would be an improvement..

Hey whats wrong with a Shopsmith? It has it's purpose. I use mine every now
and then. Specially like using it to bore hinge holes. I can't comment on
which to buy since I have a Jet Cabinet saw and it would not compare to the
contractor style. But I love my JET!!

Rich

Nothing wrong with the SS at all, it's just not much of a table saw, except for
small stuff..

I use it almost every day, set up as a horizontal DP with the 12" sanding disk
on the rear spindle.. Best DP that I've ever used, pretty good sander, ok
lathe..
It's also my router for heavy stuff, since it takes the 1/2" router bits..

Mine's a Mark V from 1980, so having a real saw now, with large table, rails and
a good fence with actual measurements is like heaven..
No more guessing and playing with sample cuts for repeat cuts later, just set
the fence on the measurement..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Craftsman tablesaw...that bad? bob Woodworking 51 July 21st 05 10:23 PM
Tablesaw jig for staves [email protected] Woodturning 0 July 11th 05 12:40 AM
tablesaw Dave Home Repair 6 February 13th 05 11:36 PM
Stopped cut on a tablesaw? Daniel Grieves Woodworking 9 November 2nd 04 05:14 PM
I just got a new tablesaw - some questions.... ken blais Woodworking 10 March 13th 04 06:39 AM