Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Uses for scraps and chips

This is one way to get rid of those small wood scraps and chips. Cooked up
some back ribs, country ribs, beef rigs, smoked with oak and cherry scraps.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Attached Thumbnails
Uses for scraps and chips-ribs-1-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
t:

This is one way to get rid of those small wood scraps and chips.
Cooked up some back ribs, country ribs, beef rigs, smoked with oak and
cherry scraps.

Those look mighty fine, Ed. Might have to do some myself pretty soon.

Are you using gas as a fuel, and smoking the woodchips in a container, or
something else? I need to make decision soon. My gas Weber is getting
pretty tired, and I either need to spend some time and money on it, or
replace it with newer/better...

Patriarch
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Patriarch" wrote in message
Are you using gas as a fuel, and smoking the woodchips in a container, or
something else? I need to make decision soon. My gas Weber is getting
pretty tired, and I either need to spend some time and money on it, or
replace it with newer/better...

Patriarch

The purists, of course, will tell you only wood/charcoal, but propane is
easier. This is on a Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3342508
For $130 picked up at Wal Mart. I've used other equipment in the past but
for the price, this did a very good job. Easy to use, good cooking. Next
week I'll do a couple of brisket that take over 12 hours. That is where gas
makes life simple. I used some scraps cut up small, plus a little chainsaw
sawdust in the smoker box.

This batch was just about 4 hours cook time on low. Thermometer on the door
read 250, just where I like it.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 21:41:15 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

This is one way to get rid of those small wood scraps and chips. Cooked up
some back ribs, country ribs, beef rigs, smoked with oak and cherry scraps.

That has the appearance of a true masterpiece.

Yum. Now I'm hungry.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

This is one way to get rid of those small wood scraps and chips. Cooked up
some back ribs, country ribs, beef rigs, smoked with oak and cherry scraps.

Man, does that look good!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

" Cooked up
some back ribs, country ribs, beef rigs, smoked with oak and cherry
scraps.
--

Not sure what a beef rig is, but they look good.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Roger amd Missy Behnke wrote:
" Cooked up
some back ribs, country ribs, beef rigs, smoked with oak and cherry
scraps.
--

Not sure what a beef rig is, but they look good.

Ribs, I'm sure.

Just bought an electric smoker, myself. Insulated too so it's efficient
and can used year around.

Bought some baby back ribs that turned out to be the leanest, meatiest
we'd ever seen for our "inaugural smoke." Rubbed them with Famous
Dave's Rib Rub and cooked them nekkid (ate them that way too). About
five hours at 225 (another nice thing about the electric with digital
temp control) with a couple charges of nicely soaked hickory chips.

They were fantastic. Not quite gnaw off the bone (as I prefer them) b
but a little tug got you a nice mouthful of tender, lean tasty meat!

Going to try Applewood next time, supposed to impart a less biting
smokiness to the meat.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Say What?" wrote in message

Going to try Applewood next time, supposed to impart a less biting
smokiness to the meat.

I like to think of apple as "hickory light". Nice flavor. If the smokiness
seems bitter or has a bit, smoke less. You really need just a thin wisp of
smoke to impart a nice flavor.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 136...
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
t:

This is one way to get rid of those small wood scraps and chips.
Cooked up some back ribs, country ribs, beef rigs, smoked with oak and
cherry scraps.

Those look mighty fine, Ed. Might have to do some myself pretty soon.

Are you using gas as a fuel, and smoking the woodchips in a container, or
something else? I need to make decision soon. My gas Weber is getting
pretty tired, and I either need to spend some time and money on it, or
replace it with newer/better...

Patriarch

I was just watching my favorite cooking show, Good Eats, a few days ago.
The topic of the show was barbecue. The host, Alton Brown, was
contemplating ways of making a smoker. He settled on a *large* terra cotta
pot with a hot plate in the bottom. A standard round grill rack fit in the
inside lip of the pot. He covered it with another shorter, round pot as the
lid. He put a pie pan on top of the hot plate to hold wood chunks for
smoking The hole in the bottom let the cord for the hot plate out, and the
hole in the lid took the thermometer. He stated that the whole thing cost
something like $42.

todd

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 136...
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
t:

[...]

Forgot this was the binaries group. Here's a pic of one someone put
together.

todd

Attached Thumbnails
Uses for scraps and chips-smoke-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"todd" wrote in message
lid. He put a pie pan on top of the hot plate to hold wood chunks for
smoking The hole in the bottom let the cord for the hot plate out, and
the
hole in the lid took the thermometer. He stated that the whole thing
cost
something like $42.

todd

Forgot this was the binaries group. Here's a pic of one someone put
together.

todd

Whatever works. This type of cooking evolved from primitive tools, not
fancy engineered equipment.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
This is one way to get rid of those small wood scraps and chips. Cooked up
some back ribs, country ribs, beef rigs, smoked with oak and cherry scraps.

Now THAT is the best looking woodworking project I've seen posted here
in a long time!

Making Gold Solder from Scraps Heather Coleman Metalworking 8 June 30th 17 01:18 PM
Projects for scraps trs80 Woodworking 3 January 16th 07 04:41 PM
Mesquite scraps todd Woodworking 10 June 15th 06 07:32 AM
making holdfasts, wonderdogs, ww and leg vises w/ scraps bent Woodworking 5 March 28th 06 04:18 AM
Help me I save scraps and can't get up or stop [email protected] Woodworking 8 September 26th 05 06:40 AM