Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
todd todd is offline

Default Uses for scraps and chips

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 136...
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
t:

This is one way to get rid of those small wood scraps and chips.
Cooked up some back ribs, country ribs, beef rigs, smoked with oak and
cherry scraps.

Those look mighty fine, Ed. Might have to do some myself pretty soon.

Are you using gas as a fuel, and smoking the woodchips in a container, or
something else? I need to make decision soon. My gas Weber is getting
pretty tired, and I either need to spend some time and money on it, or
replace it with newer/better...

Patriarch

I was just watching my favorite cooking show, Good Eats, a few days ago.
The topic of the show was barbecue. The host, Alton Brown, was
contemplating ways of making a smoker. He settled on a *large* terra
cotta
pot with a hot plate in the bottom. A standard round grill rack fit in
the
inside lip of the pot. He covered it with another shorter, round pot as
the
lid. He put a pie pan on top of the hot plate to hold wood chunks for
smoking The hole in the bottom let the cord for the hot plate out, and
the
hole in the lid took the thermometer. He stated that the whole thing cost
something like $42.

todd

Forgot this was the binaries group. Here's a pic of one someone put
together.

todd

Attached Thumbnails
Uses for scraps and chips-smoke-jpg