Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Uses for scraps and chips

"Patriarch" wrote in message
Are you using gas as a fuel, and smoking the woodchips in a container, or
something else? I need to make decision soon. My gas Weber is getting
pretty tired, and I either need to spend some time and money on it, or
replace it with newer/better...

Patriarch

The purists, of course, will tell you only wood/charcoal, but propane is
easier. This is on a Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3342508
For $130 picked up at Wal Mart. I've used other equipment in the past but
for the price, this did a very good job. Easy to use, good cooking. Next
week I'll do a couple of brisket that take over 12 hours. That is where gas
makes life simple. I used some scraps cut up small, plus a little chainsaw
sawdust in the smoker box.

This batch was just about 4 hours cook time on low. Thermometer on the door
read 250, just where I like it.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/