Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default launching attachments problem

Switched from Mozilla to Firefox and (perhaps a coincidence, but) now
binaries (attachments) from Forte Agent do not launch. Firefox window
opens with message: Problem Loading Page Firefox can't find the file
at /C:/Program.
Firefox exe is located on c:/program files/mozilla firefox/

In Agent's Options | Preferences, Mime Types tab, I have jpeg (for
example) file types set to use firefox and the path for it is correct.
If I save the binary, it launches ok in firefox.

Can't find wherefore is the screw up.

Ideas?

Thanx
Renata
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Renata wrote:
Switched from Mozilla to Firefox and (perhaps a coincidence, but) now
binaries (attachments) from Forte Agent do not launch. Firefox window
opens with message: Problem Loading Page Firefox can't find the file
at /C:/Program.
Firefox exe is located on c:/program files/mozilla firefox/

In Agent's Options | Preferences, Mime Types tab, I have jpeg (for
example) file types set to use firefox and the path for it is correct.
If I save the binary, it launches ok in firefox.

Can't find wherefore is the screw up.

Ideas?

Thanx
Renata

I can't help you--I use seamonkey. But try news.mozilla.org/
mozilla.support.firefox. They are a helpful bunch.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

The reason they call it the American
Dream is because you have to be asleep
to believe it. --George

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Renata blurted out in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking:

Switched from Mozilla to Firefox and (perhaps a coincidence, but) now
binaries (attachments) from Forte Agent do not launch. Firefox window
opens with message: Problem Loading Page Firefox can't find the file
at /C:/Program.
Firefox exe is located on c:/program files/mozilla firefox/

In Agent's Options | Preferences, Mime Types tab, I have jpeg (for
example) file types set to use firefox and the path for it is correct.
If I save the binary, it launches ok in firefox.

Can't find wherefore is the screw up.

Ideas?

Thanx
Renata

Firefox is Mozilla so don't know what you mean there..
http://www.mozilla.org/

Just like IE is made by Micro$oft.

What extension are the attachments you're having problems with?
It doesn't sound like you have the correct association to the proper program
for the said attachment's file extension.

Control Panel Folder Options File Types tab.
Check that the file extension you're trying open is associated with the
correct program.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 23 May 2007 04:20:06 GMT, "p-nut" wrote:

-snip

Firefox is Mozilla so don't know what you mean there..
http://www.mozilla.org/

Firefiox is the new web browser portion of the mozilla suite
(replacing mozilla navigator). Mozilla suite (web, email, news, IM,
etc.) is no longer supported - Sea Monkey replaces it.
Security (et. al.) updates are not available for unsupported SW.

Just like IE is made by Micro$oft.

What extension are the attachments you're having problems with?
It doesn't sound like you have the correct association to the proper program
for the said attachment's file extension.

Control Panel Folder Options File Types tab.
Check that the file extension you're trying open is associated with the
correct program.

As noted in my OP, did the equivalent in Agent (Windows isn't the
problem - your solution is for Windows), to no avail. Found that
removing the association causes Agent to default to Windows, and thus
it works.

But, I was wondering about the root cause.

Renata