Rich

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

Purchased a nice chainsaw via internet like most of all my tools.

Saw had a brake problem with the chain and I called the local service center
for warranty work and they said come on down.
Once they found out I purchased it on the internet at the shop they refused
to work on it as a warranty job since I didnt buy it from them. They cited
low pay from Husky on warranty work and were not willing to do it if they
didnt make the sale.

I called Husqvarna about the problem and they told me that "I need to
understand the dealers perspective" and they have the right to refuse
service, even warranty work when they are an authorized dealer/repair
center.

Most likely it is a simple fix as far as adjusting the brake band on the
clutch but it seems the local dealers are fighting back and I am caught in
the middle.

Who cares about me, they all got my money and in the mean time I have
useless, expensive, orange boat anchor with Husqvarna written on the side.

Anyway be advised if your buying mail order chainsaws.

Rich

Derek Hartzell

Maybe you can get a bid for the repair from the shop and they can bill Husky
the normal warranty price and you can pay the small extra. That should take
care of parts and some of labor. That may be your best option.

Derek

Grandpa

I bought mine from Lowes and when it wouldn't start initially I took it
to the one an only Warranty service center in town. He bitched a little
that I didn't buy it from him but did the warranty work on it. Charged
me $5 for a spark plug I didn't need but its a spare now so oh well.
BTW, I didn't buy it from him as I got the saw with a low price
guarantee between Lowes and Sears for $269 (Rancher 55). Dealer wanted
$429, no question in my mind I did the right thing though. $160 is over
half what I paid for it. Lowes wants either $14 or $19 for a chain
(Husky brand), dealer wants $29.

Rich wrote:

[...]

Grandpa

Chuck wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:19:28 -0800, "Leif Thorvaldson"
wrote:

I have heard similar tales regarding car warranty work. Only selling dealer
will do the work.

Not if it's a Saturn...

Nor any other new vehicle I've had. I had a comment once on the Ford
and told them, "No, I didn't buy it from you because you wouldn't deal
with me on it." "Is there a probklem with you doing the warranty work
since Ford pays you whatever you ask?" They did the work!

Joe Fleming

Rich,

Sounds like you need to return the saw to the internet seller for repair or
replacement.

Joe
======================
"Rich" wrote in message
om...
[...]

James Barley

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco- OT.

Here in British Columbia, I believe a dealer risks his franchise if they
were to hassle you over servicing a vehicle not purchased from them

James Barley
www.members.shaw.ca/jbarley

wrote:

I have heard similar tales regarding car warranty work. Only selling

dealer
will do the work.

Not if it's a Saturn...

Nor any other new vehicle I've had. I had a comment once on the Ford
and told them, "No, I didn't buy it from you because you wouldn't deal
with me on it." "Is there a probklem with you doing the warranty work
since Ford pays you whatever you ask?" They did the work!

Chuck

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Earl

This is why I will purchase equipment from a local dealer whenever
possible, even if it is a few dollars more. Before retirement, I owned
a small business and got quite upset when people bought stuff from the
large discount stores and then brought it to me when they had a
problem, saying the large store had lousy service. My small business
always backed up anything we sold, but that cost $$. A manufacturer's
payment to repair a defective item seldom covers the true and total
cost of the repair. That's why stuff is cheaper on the internet or
large discount stores. We can't have it both ways.

That's not to say I don't buy via the internet. I do, at times, but I
know the risk is in after sale service.

Sorry, for the rant, but I've been there on the other side of the
counter.

Earl

Bruce Ferguson

Everything is catch 22. When you buy some thing ususally in the paper work
is some thing to the effect " don't return it to the dealer call us. Here
is a list of our warenty repair places." To me if the dealer is contracted
as a warenty repair shop, it shouldn't matter where the item was bought. He
is representing the parent company and doing the repairs for them. Most of
the time I take it back to the dealer and get a new one or my money back.

Bruce
om...