Grandpa

Default Husqvarna chainsaw

Finally had a chance to use the Husqvarna Rancher 55 I got a few months
ago at a really good price. It kicks butt and takes names. I'm
extremely pleased with its performance. Just like a knife thru butter.
If you're in the market for one, the Rancher 55 is a winner!

Leon

LOL.... Thank you....from an official no doubt.. I always mispronounced it
and am sure I still do as I am from Texas. We Texans hear and say things a
bit different... I recall my wife buying a Husqvarna sewing machine. The
new tool... came with a Video Cassette Tape that introduced you to the new
sewing machine. I recall the factory workers on the tape pronouncing the
name in a way I had never dreamed of. I caught Who's-varna. But that is a
bit of Texas ear mixed in.. LOL

"Bjarte Runderheim" wrote in message

"Ramsey" skrev i melding
How about "Husks-varna"

Almost: 'husk-varna
(almost all english- or americanspeaking have trouble with the kv-sound:
they all want to pronounce "kev" like huskevarna, while we scandinavians
pronounce the "kv" like that, short and hard.

Bjarte

Kevin Craig

In article m, Leon
wrote:

Funny how Husqvarna gets pronounced. Most assume the "u" is a short vowel
when the manufacturer pronounces the "u" as a long vowel.

Pronounced Who's-varna

Naw. It's pronounced "Husky". ;-)

Kevin
WCD

Leon wrote:
Funny how Husqvarna gets pronounced. Most assume the "u" is a short vowel
when the manufacturer pronounces the "u" as a long vowel.

In Maine they are running ads on the radio to teach us how to pronounce
that word;

"Husk" like in corn,
"Var" like varnish but without the "ish,'
and "Nah", like "Nah, I don't want no other stinkin' chainsaw."

:-)

Now we know!!

Leon

"WCD" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
Funny how Husqvarna gets pronounced. Most assume the "u" is a short

vowel
when the manufacturer pronounces the "u" as a long vowel.

In Maine they are running ads on the radio to teach us how to pronounce
that word;

"Husk" like in corn,
"Var" like varnish but without the "ish,'
and "Nah", like "Nah, I don't want no other stinkin' chainsaw."

:-)

Now we know!!

That is the Americanized version..

David Hall

"Bjarte Runderheim" wrote in message ...
"Ramsey" skrev i melding
How about "Husks-varna"

Almost: 'husk-varna
(almost all english- or americanspeaking have trouble with the kv-sound:
they all want to pronounce "kev" like huskevarna, while we scandinavians
pronounce the "kv" like that, short and hard.

Bjarte

Amazing. I don't even know why I was reading this thread, but I was
feelin' bad because the pronunciations were nowhere near how I have
always said it. Then you explain it and write it exactly as I say it
"huskevarna". I do feel better now

Dave Hall
Kevin S.

Grandpa wrote:

Finally had a chance to use the Husqvarna Rancher 55 I got a few months
ago at a really good price. It kicks butt and takes names. I'm
extremely pleased with its performance. Just like a knife thru butter.
If you're in the market for one, the Rancher 55 is a winner!

Our fire department is replacing our XL-98's (Homelite I think), with
Husky's for roof work. Not chain saws but equipped with 14" carbide
circular blades. Had the opportunity to use one opening a roof at a
fire the other day. WOW. Little heavier and requires a precise
starting procedure, (compression release) but once running it will slice
right through anything: multiple layers of shingles, sheathing, rafters,
ladders, thighs and not bog a bit.

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:19:05 -0400, WCD
pixelated:

Leon wrote:
Funny how Husqvarna gets pronounced. Most assume the "u" is a short vowel
when the manufacturer pronounces the "u" as a long vowel.

In Maine they are running ads on the radio to teach us how to pronounce
that word;

"Husk" like in corn,
"Var" like varnish but without the "ish,'
and "Nah", like "Nah, I don't want no other stinkin' chainsaw."

:-)

Now we know!!

In Maine, they'd pronounce it "Husk Vanna" by default.

P.S: My buddy used to own a Husky Trencher. With a new knobby
on the back of his 400, it'd dig a trench as long as it had
gas in the tank and as deep as the seattop. Torquey li'l sum
bish.

-
The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.
------------
http://diversify.com Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases
Grandpa

Leon wrote:

Funny how Husqvarna gets pronounced. Most assume the "u" is a short vowel
when the manufacturer pronounces the "u" as a long vowel.

In Maine they are running ads on the radio to teach us how to pronounce
that word;

"Husk" like in corn,
"Var" like varnish but without the "ish,'
and "Nah", like "Nah, I don't want no other stinkin' chainsaw."

:-)

Now we know!!

In Maine, they'd pronounce it "Husk Vanna" by default.

P.S: My buddy used to own a Husky Trencher. With a new knobby
on the back of his 400, it'd dig a trench as long as it had
gas in the tank and as deep as the seattop. Torquey li'l sum
bish.

Had a friend when I was in the Navy (late 60's) who had a Husky off road
bike of some sort. It dug trenches too, and damn that thing was noisy.
It had more balls than a golf course.

Ramsey

Used to own a rifle made by Husky. So, they made sewing machines,
motocycles, rifles, chainsaws, and ?????

Leon wrote:

[...]

Actually, if you get a commercial sized engine in a Husky, Stihl or
Jonsered; you got one helluva reliable, hard-working saw. Most dealers
will work on all brands. Mine, one of the 3 listed above, is over 20
years old and still runs like new. Maintenance, a sharp chain, a bar
with a roller tip make all the difference.

Charlie Self

Lawrence Ramsey asks:

Used to own a rifle made by Husky. So, they made sewing machines,
motocycles, rifles, chainsaws, and ?

Lawn mowers. Had one of the earliest robot mowers, too. Their mowers are on a
par with the other stuff they make...excellent.

Charlie Self

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."
Dan Quayle

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ramsey" wrote in message
Used to own a rifle made by Husky. So, they made sewing machines,
motocycles, rifles, chainsaws, and ?????

Washing machines, dryer, vacuum cleaners and more They are part of
Europe's largest appliance manufacturer.
Ed

GTO69RA4

Some of the mowers, some of them are good. The Husqvarna home use walk-behind
mowers are made by AYP. Identical to the also flimsy ones they make for Sears.
I've seen them side by side.

GTO(John)

Lawn mowers. Had one of the earliest robot mowers, too. Their mowers are on a
par with the other stuff they make...excellent.

Charlie Self

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."
Dan Quayle

Duane

I'd rather use the chainsaw for roof work, that 14" blade spinning is a lot
to handle. It is designed to be used only at full speed, and that is a lot
of centrifugal force to deal with, especially working off ladders. And as
you mentioned it is heavier.

Duane