Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Chucks-Chucks -Chucks [ UK ]

As a relative noob to woodturning ( I acquired my first lathe 3 Months ago )
I feel that I am now restricted in my creations for the lack of a chuck. I
have made all kinds of Jam chucks, fixing to the headstock with turned morse
Tapers. but its hard going !. Looking through the Polewood Cataloge There is
a choice of the Patriot, SuperNova2, Fox FX4000, and others. Yes of course
I would probably like the most expensive, ( Patriot @£126 ) or the
SuperNova @ £114.00 , are these chucks that much better than the Fox FX4000
@ 68.83 ( including delivery ! ). for which, for the same amount of cash as
a Patriot I could also get a couple of sets of Jaws

What would you "seasoned" ! woodturners recommend ? Price of course is
always an issue.

many thanks in advance, and happy turning

One thing I have learnt in my 3 months of turning - Ride the Bevel, or Sup
with the Devil. :-)

Market for old chucks Max63 Woodturning 7 June 27th 07 10:52 PM
A question about chucks Don Sforza Woodturning 25 January 11th 06 11:30 AM
Chucks or alternatives John DeBoo Woodturning 40 November 3rd 05 03:17 PM
Chucks Maxprop Woodturning 13 January 29th 04 03:21 PM
Chucks moggy Woodturning 8 November 26th 03 11:50 AM