Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default Chucks-Chucks -Chucks [ UK ]

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:52:52 GMT, "brian white"
wrote:

Um No - Im down in Southampton too cold for me in Newcastle although I was
born n bred in Middlesbrough. I have joined a local woodturning club and
have posed the question, some lively debate followed, and basically it comes
down to a matter of personal preferance, the ease of obtaining and changing
jaw sets, and Durability .

Thanks for all the splended info folks - Im going to The Woodworking Show at
Alexandria Palace this coming weekend, cash in hand !!
I shall probably go for the Patriot ( unless someone else has a real
tempting "show offer" ! ) It Will, Be Mine !

Brian

Well, Brian.. the bottom line is that once you get a chuck, a whole world of
turning opens up to you..

I've gotten so use to using a chuck that I bought a stub center for the chuck so
I don't have to take it off the lathe when I need to work between centers..

Have fun!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing