Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Market for old chucks

Is there a market, outside ebay, for woodturning 2nd hand equipment?
Perhaps online forum or the likes? I'll be in Omaha NE two weeks from
now and would like
to find a four jaw chuck that someone else will wisely relinquish, or
do you all
keep such parts eternally, even if upgrading?
I know clamps (WW) and hand tools accumilate nicely, are even quite
presentable when nicely organized on a wall, but those heavy
accessories...
Just a thought...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Joe Fleming wrote:
One never has enough chucks.

Joe Fleming - San Diego

I only need two more.
The day I die, I'll still need two more. ;-)

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000752-1, 06/26/2007
Tested on: 6/27/2007 12:33:10 AM

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

BillinDetroit wrote:

Joe Fleming wrote:
One never has enough chucks.

Joe Fleming - San Diego

I only need two more.
The day I die, I'll still need two more. ;-)

Woodchuck is quite tasty.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I think it also follows that you never have enough wood or chisels or
tools in general

Joe Fleming wrote:
One never has enough chucks.

Joe Fleming - San Diego

On Jun 26, 4:41 am, Max63 wrote:
Is there a market, outside ebay, for woodturning 2nd hand equipment?
Perhaps online forum or the likes? I'll be in Omaha NE two weeks from
now and would like
to find a four jaw chuck that someone else will wisely relinquish, or
do you all
keep such parts eternally, even if upgrading?
I know clamps (WW) and hand tools accumilate nicely, are even quite
presentable when nicely organized on a wall, but those heavy
accessories...
Just a thought...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Max

Max a good chuck last a lifetime, so either the lifetime is over or
the good was never in the chuck, ;-)))
Don't know if there's a turners obituary, it would be your best place
to find unneeded lathes,tools and chucks.
I got 3 Oneway chucks, (2 Talons and a stronghold) I hope you will
have to wait a long time for those to come up for sale :-*)))
Don't like to admit, but I also have a cheep HF chuck, you can have it
for free, just come and pick it up, it's not even a good doorstop.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Jun 26, 7:41 am, Max63 wrote:
Is there a market, outside ebay, for woodturning 2nd hand equipment?
Perhaps online forum or the likes? I'll be in Omaha NE two weeks from
now and would like
to find a four jaw chuck that someone else will wisely relinquish, or
do you all
keep such parts eternally, even if upgrading?
I know clamps (WW) and hand tools accumilate nicely, are even quite
presentable when nicely organized on a wall, but those heavy
accessories...
Just a thought...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

" wrote:

Hi Max

Max a good chuck last a lifetime, so either the lifetime is over or
the good was never in the chuck, ;-)))
Don't know if there's a turners obituary, it would be your best place
to find unneeded lathes,tools and chucks.
I got 3 Oneway chucks, (2 Talons and a stronghold) I hope you will
have to wait a long time for those to come up for sale :-*)))
Don't like to admit, but I also have a cheep HF chuck, you can have it
for free, just come and pick it up, it's not even a good doorstop.

Put the flat side down, Leo. )

A question about chucks Don Sforza Woodturning 25 January 11th 06 11:30 AM
Grizzly Chucks Brian Woodturning 5 December 10th 05 04:33 PM
Chucks or alternatives John DeBoo Woodturning 40 November 3rd 05 03:17 PM
Chucks Maxprop Woodturning 13 January 29th 04 03:21 PM
Chucks moggy Woodturning 8 November 26th 03 11:50 AM