Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Hey Leo!

Mr. Van Der Loo:

Long time no hear... you still alive and kickin' out there? It isn't
like you to go 2 - 3 weeks without a post.

Give us a shout and let us know you haven't gone over to the flat side
of woodwork!

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Nevermind the (Mr.), Robert, "Leo" will do just fine thank you,
I'm not up there, but down here ;-)))

What do you mean, flat side ???? , I was never good at making boxes in
different dimensions, with or without sliding or hinged sides or
lids. ;-))))
I used to have a table saw minus the table legs, sawed more ceramic
tiles etc than wood, and gave it to my youngest son, it seemed to be
always in my way, and I don't plan on doing any addition/improvements
on my place anymore,

Yes it's been a while since my last posting, I was at my oldest son's
place for the last few weeks, (up in Atikokan On), just got home this
past night/morning, there was a good weather window for me to go home
in, (bad weather in the forecast) so LOML and I drove a better than
1000 Mile non-stop trip home, the storm hit here this morning around 9
AM and had already dumped a lot of snow on the route we took last
night, road closures etc. are in effect now, but we had a nice drive,
albeit a long one.
I did read the posts while over at my son's place, but my son isn't
interested in all the junkmail that comes with the participation in
the newsgroups, I do get more than 100 a day, but have a very
effective way of dealing with them, and control A Delete for any that
get past it, so no problem here, but he rather not have me post from
his address.
Hardest part was not being able to get a word in sideways, G.
Then next week up to my youngest son for a while, it's his birthday
and the boss says we are going, well it's not like I don't like
going, but I don't like losing all my turning time, so I'll have to
drag my mini along and try not to forget all the other needed
accessories.

On Feb 27, 2:10 am, "
wrote:
Mr. Van Der Loo:

Long time no hear... you still alive and kickin' out there? It isn't
like you to go 2 - 3 weeks without a post.

Give us a shout and let us know you haven't gone over to the flat side
of woodwork!

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Great to hear all is well Leo. I been out of circulation myself, both inlaws
passed in the last two months. Turned the computer on and immediately saw
nothing from you and Mac Davis. Like nailshooter I thought something was
up. I heard Mac is not wired yet in Mexico. Enjoy your trip.
Lyndell

ps.com...

wrote:
Mr. Van Der Loo:

Long time no hear... you still alive and kickin' out there? It isn't
like you to go 2 - 3 weeks without a post.

Give us a shout and let us know you haven't gone over to the flat side
of woodwork!

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Lyndell, and thanks.

Sorry to hear about your in-laws Lyndell, we also lost our last
parent, my FIL past away late last year.

Yes I also miss Mac's postings and his angle of looking at things,
hope he will be able to post again soon.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Mar 1, 8:20 pm, "Lyndell Thompson" wrote:
Great to hear all is well Leo. I been out of circulation myself, both inlaws
passed in the last two months. Turned the computer on and immediately saw
nothing from you and Mac Davis. Like nailshooter I thought something was
up. I heard Mac is not wired yet in Mexico. Enjoy your trip.
Lyndell

ps.com...

wrote:
Mr. Van Der Loo:

Long time no hear... you still alive and kickin' out there? It isn't
like you to go 2 - 3 weeks without a post.

Give us a shout and let us know you haven't gone over to the flat side
of woodwork!

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Glad to see you're still with us, Leo. Ya never know these days...

In my turning, I am just the opposite than you. I make my living on
the flat side, and turn for fun. Sadly, like Darrell posted, turning
time has been at a real premium lately, and I haven't even had time to
go to the club meetings.

Hopefully I will catch up soon and will be making some shavings. I
have some nice sycamore and some green mesquite calling my name.
I am hoping that I will rough and cut some nice stuff this Sunday as
it should be just about perfect to roll the mini out on the driveway.
Supposed to have clear skies, 70 degrees, and about a light breeze.

Can't wait!

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks Robert

I also turn for fun Robert, have been retired for better than 8 years,
fjewwwww time is flying by.
And not unlike you I have been busy with a few things, health and
family and etc., got to the turners club yesterday for the first time
since the beginning of Dec., missed 2 monthly meetings, the yearly
London woodshow, and also a demo by Eli Avisera, I had hoped to at
least get to the demo from Eli, O well such is life.
Did get some turning in today though, returned the foot on a small and
thin natural edge Flowering Crab Apple bowl, and cut up a 8"D Black
Walnut log and roughed out two bowls from that, 6 more blanks waiting
from that log.
The temp. up here, barely gets above the freezing mark this time of
year, in Atikokan where I was for the last 3 weeks the average daily
temperature was -5 degrees Fahrenheit (-21'C), gets pretty nippy out
there, and it will be a while before we have 70 degrees weather over
here, no hurricanes though and very few tornadoes.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Mar 3, 12:39 am, "
wrote:
Glad to see you're still with us, Leo. Ya never know these days...

In my turning, I am just the opposite than you. I make my living on
the flat side, and turn for fun. Sadly, like Darrell posted, turning
time has been at a real premium lately, and I haven't even had time to
go to the club meetings.

Hopefully I will catch up soon and will be making some shavings. I
have some nice sycamore and some green mesquite calling my name.
I am hoping that I will rough and cut some nice stuff this Sunday as
it should be just about perfect to roll the mini out on the driveway.
Supposed to have clear skies, 70 degrees, and about a light breeze.

Can't wait!

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tww tww is offline

One of the previous posts mentioned not wanting to get a bunch of spam
messages by posting here. I put two items here since getting a Gail
e-mail account with Google for use in posting here and no place else.
I got the account about three weeks ago and checked the Gmail account
this morning and found one e-mail in a spam folder.

If I had it to do over again I would have gotten the 2nd e-mail
account before ever putting anything out here. There was never much
spam before that in my Yahoo account. So if you have never posted
anything here and plan on doing so you may want to think about a 2nd e-
mail account.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks ?Tony?

It's a little late for that I'm afraid, I have posted a few times here
and at other places on the net ;-)))

I don't have a problem with the spam, (I've got a very good way of
dealing with it,) it was my son who'd rather not go through the
trouble to keep his address out of the spammers books.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Hey! Alessandro Malocchio Woodworking 4 March 15th 06 05:42 AM
hey greenberg Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock Electronics Repair 0 December 27th 05 11:51 PM
Hey All! John Moorhead Woodworking 4 October 13th 05 09:08 PM
Hey everybody! John Moorhead Woodworking 7 December 21st 04 08:15 PM