Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Hey Leo!

Thanks Robert

I also turn for fun Robert, have been retired for better than 8 years,
fjewwwww time is flying by.
And not unlike you I have been busy with a few things, health and
family and etc., got to the turners club yesterday for the first time
since the beginning of Dec., missed 2 monthly meetings, the yearly
London woodshow, and also a demo by Eli Avisera, I had hoped to at
least get to the demo from Eli, O well such is life.
Did get some turning in today though, returned the foot on a small and
thin natural edge Flowering Crab Apple bowl, and cut up a 8"D Black
Walnut log and roughed out two bowls from that, 6 more blanks waiting
from that log.
The temp. up here, barely gets above the freezing mark this time of
year, in Atikokan where I was for the last 3 weeks the average daily
temperature was -5 degrees Fahrenheit (-21'C), gets pretty nippy out
there, and it will be a while before we have 70 degrees weather over
here, no hurricanes though and very few tornadoes.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Mar 3, 12:39 am, "
wrote:
Glad to see you're still with us, Leo. Ya never know these days...

In my turning, I am just the opposite than you. I make my living on
the flat side, and turn for fun. Sadly, like Darrell posted, turning
time has been at a real premium lately, and I haven't even had time to
go to the club meetings.

Hopefully I will catch up soon and will be making some shavings. I
have some nice sycamore and some green mesquite calling my name.
I am hoping that I will rough and cut some nice stuff this Sunday as
it should be just about perfect to roll the mini out on the driveway.
Supposed to have clear skies, 70 degrees, and about a light breeze.

Can't wait!

Robert