Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Moon

Default Epoxy coloring

We've had discussions here about how to color epoxies for decorative usages.
Several solutions have been suggested, but today at Woodcraft, I found a
colorant specifically for epoxy coloring. It's made by System 3, and from
reports here, they're supposed to make some pretty good epoxy products.
There was 3 colors in stock at the North Austin Woodcraft. The colors they
had were red, white, and black. I don't know if there are more colors, but I
thought those using epoxy would like knowing there is a specific colorant
for you.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Artak Kalantarian

David Haxton uses colored epoxy making rosettes for his guitars which are
very unbelievably beautiful and sound as good a they look.

Check the rosetts at http://www.davidhaxtonguitars.com/rosettes.html and his
gutars at http://www.davidhaxtonguitars.com/

I think he colors the epoxies himself, though.

Artak

"Ken Moon" wrote in message
ink.net...
We've had discussions here about how to color epoxies for decorative
usages. Several solutions have been suggested, but today at Woodcraft, I
found a colorant specifically for epoxy coloring. It's made by System 3,
and from reports here, they're supposed to make some pretty good epoxy
products. There was 3 colors in stock at the North Austin Woodcraft. The
colors they had were red, white, and black. I don't know if there are more
colors, but I thought those using epoxy would like knowing there is a
specific colorant for you.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Art Ransom

You might try WoodEpox by Abatron, www.abatron.com . It is a 2 part epoxy
putty that turns works like wood. I have used powders. oil and water dies
and stains. A really great product.

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org

epoxy Paul Oman Home Repair 4 September 19th 05 07:03 PM
OT - Epoxy floor coating (or industrial enamel) TT Metalworking 3 March 17th 05 12:43 AM
Buffing? Darren Woodturning 4 October 6th 04 04:56 PM
Epoxy and machine building.... Richard Nienhuis Metalworking 19 December 20th 03 12:56 AM
glue in knotholes T. Woodworking 8 October 8th 03 11:41 PM