DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Epoxy coloring (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/141137-epoxy-coloring.html)

Ken Moon January 20th 06 04:48 AM

Epoxy coloring

We've had discussions here about how to color epoxies for decorative usages.
Several solutions have been suggested, but today at Woodcraft, I found a
colorant specifically for epoxy coloring. It's made by System 3, and from
reports here, they're supposed to make some pretty good epoxy products.
There was 3 colors in stock at the North Austin Woodcraft. The colors they
had were red, white, and black. I don't know if there are more colors, but I
thought those using epoxy would like knowing there is a specific colorant
for you.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Artak Kalantarian January 20th 06 10:35 PM

Epoxy coloring

David Haxton uses colored epoxy making rosettes for his guitars which are
very unbelievably beautiful and sound as good a they look.

Check the rosetts at http://www.davidhaxtonguitars.com/rosettes.html and his
gutars at http://www.davidhaxtonguitars.com/

I think he colors the epoxies himself, though.

Artak

ink.net...

Art Ransom January 21st 06 05:04 AM

Epoxy coloring

You might try WoodEpox by Abatron, www.abatron.com . It is a 2 part epoxy
putty that turns works like wood. I have used powders. oil and water dies
and stains. A really great product.

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas