Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
dustyone

Default morse tapers

Hi,

I have an old Craftsman lathe (from around 1950). The spindle has no
threads, only a flat onto which the faceplate is attached with a set
screw. This poses a problem when I want to use a bowl turning chuck,
all of which seem to screw on to the spindle. My question is, does a
morse taper exist, which comes out to a threaded section, onto which I
could screw a chuck? Should I take the spindle to a machine shop, and
have threads put on it? Is there another way for me to get a bowl
chuck onto this lathe?

Thanks

Curt Blood

Stuck 2-3 Morse taper adapter Phisherman Woodturning 29 February 20th 05 08:46 AM
FS Morse Taper Drill Drivers MP Toolman Metalworking 0 June 28th 04 03:24 AM
morse taper Allan Adler Metalworking 6 April 30th 04 01:35 AM
Separating Morse Tapers John Rumm UK diy 7 September 4th 03 09:14 PM
A tale of woe and a caution re tangless Morse tapers, :( Arch Woodturning 12 August 8th 03 01:53 AM