Fred

Default Flat Roof

Hi N Thornton

I recently had a flat roof problem and decided to put a fibreglass
roof on myself a DIY project. I came across an ebook book priced £2
advertised in google sponserd links on the web at;

www.flatroof-advice.co.uk

It proved very beneficial it is in two sections one concerning hiring
a flat roofer, i.e. questions to ask, how much you should pay, what
materials should be used, how to avoid the "cowboys", what the
isurance and guarantees mean etc; and another section concerned with
DIY which included easy to understand graphic illustration. It was
full of useful information concerning all aspects of flat roofing, how
to fit the decking, different types of material, how to fit a warm
roof, where to source fibreglass supplies and how to apply it etc;

Best of luck with your roof;

and hope this is of help

Regards

Fred
Grunff

Fred wrote:
Hi N Thornton

I recently had a flat roof problem and decided to put a fibreglass
roof on myself a DIY project. I came across an ebook book priced £2
advertised in google sponserd links on the web at;

www.flatroof-advice.co.uk

It proved very beneficial it is in two sections one concerning hiring
a flat roofer, i.e. questions to ask, how much you should pay, what
materials should be used, how to avoid the "cowboys", what the
isurance and guarantees mean etc; and another section concerned with
DIY which included easy to understand graphic illustration. It was
full of useful information concerning all aspects of flat roofing, how
to fit the decking, different types of material, how to fit a warm
roof, where to source fibreglass supplies and how to apply it etc;

Best of luck with your roof;

What a remarkable coincidence it is that flatroof-advice.co.uk is
registered to Alexander Frederick Hodson, while hodson.co.uk is
registered to Steven Hodson!! Distant relative maybe?

Pathetic!

--
Grunff

I've paid my =A32 through Paypal. How do I get the book?

Can you people stop being sarcastic and let me know what is going on
here. Thanks.

What are the tell-tale signs of this con? The website looks quite
genuine.

Are you always this rude? I occasionally visit the uk diy site, saw
the posting on Flat Roof and thought it looked interesting and useful.
Does that make me stupid?

BigWallop

wrote in message
oups.com...
Are you always this rude? I occasionally visit the uk diy site, saw
the posting on Flat Roof and thought it looked interesting and useful.
Does that make me stupid?

No, but it does if you sent money without checking out what you get in return.
A few e-mails back and forth to the seller is usually a good idea. At least you
then know that there is someone at the other end to send the money to, and to
grab when things go tits up. You should also make sure you get a genuine
address and phone number from anyone you meet over the SPAM e-mail system.
Making sure you call the number and get a reply from the person you've been
chatting too in e-mail, and the address should be checked through the royal mail
website.

So, if you have genuinely sent money to a SPAM e-mail address and website, then
you are a stupid arse.

My =A32 has bought me a little experience!

BigWallop

wrote in message
oups.com...
My £2 has bought me a little experience!

I hope you also pass on this advice to kids when they're on the internet? Never
chat to strangers on the internet, because they may not be who they say they
are.

The Natural Philosopher

BigWallop wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
My £2 has bought me a little experience!

I hope you also pass on this advice to kids when they're on the internet? Never
chat to strangers on the internet, because they may not be who they say they
are.

I can guarantee I am not who I say I am.

I've now received access to a 94 page pdf file containing flat roof
advice for my =A32.

I still don't know how I was supposed to know this was a spammer. I
just clicked on the link in the first message before you and others
warned against it.

Lurch

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:34:07 -0000, Rob Morley
strung together this:

I still don't know how I was supposed to know this was a spammer. I
just clicked on the link in the first message before you and others
warned against it.

The OP was
He's never posted to this group before, but suddenly appeared with
replies to three ancient threads and one new one, all recommending a
visit to
www.flatroof-advice.co.uk
The domain flatroof-advice.co.uk is registered to one Alexander
Frederick Hodson.

And I'll bet that the info you get in the ebook is just what you can
get on here, only a bit more general. uk.d-i-y is free though.
--

SJW

Although I haven't studied it in detail, you might well be right. This
is certainly a great site for people like me with limited DIY
experience.

A final (?) point on all this. If this thread is inappropriate and is
being used by spammers, why hasn't the thread been deleted?

Grunff

Rob Morley wrote:

This is an unmoderated Usenet group, not a web bulletin board -
there's nobody in charge and no central place to delete stuff from
anyway.

Which is exactly why it pays to stick around, read what people have to
say, ask questions, and figure out for yourself who you want to listen
to and who you want to ignore.

--
Grunff
Stefek Zaba

John wrote:

One of the first cartoons about the Internet, vintage c.1985 IIRC (if I
remember correctly), was a picture of a dog sitting at a keyboard and
grinningly telling another dog "On the Internet, no-one knows you're a
dog!". [Yes, c.1985 - long before this Web thing.]

Dunno about R'ing "correctly", but

http://www.unc.edu/depts/jomc/academics/dri/idog.html

claims this cartoon is from the New Yorker July 5, 1993 issue, p.61.
That puts it before the WWW explosion, but well after Tim Berners-Lee
had started the madness. First release of Mosaic, which kicked off the
madness by readily including (gasp) pictures, was Christmas 1992 - geeks
in at least one corporate compsci research lab I have passing
familiarity with were all over it by mid-1993.

That's enough early-days-of-the-Web from me, I think!

Although I haven't studied it in detail, you might well be right. This
is certainly a great site for people like me with limited DIY
experience.

It's not a great 'site' at all. It's a site someone has set up to grab
all of the discussion on a public newsgroup, repackage it and republish

it as if it were theirs. It's not.

I still don't seem to be able get the quotes in my replies so I must be
extremely thick. I'm sure if Lurch swears at me a bit more I will
become much brighter, but it hasn't worked so far! In this case I have
copied and pasted the quote but haven't got the blue colour so I guess
I've done it wrong (Sooooo thick!).

Anyway the reason I called it a great 'site' was because in recent
months I have had a few really useful tips for which I have been
grateful.

If someone would like to politely tell me how to reply using quotes I
would be grateful! Thanks.

Andy Hall

On 11 Jan 2005 10:54:01 -0800, wrote:

[...]

Yes.

Please get yourself a proper newsreader program like Free Agent, or
one of a number of others - even Outlook Express is better than using
web sites (especially Google) to make Usenet postings.

Then all that you need is access to a news server (your ISP should
have this, or failing that sign up at news.individual.net).

All of the proper etiquette things for posting to Usenet and easier
reading from it are available with proper newsreaders and you won't
**** people off with lost thread references or confuse them by not
having quotations where needed.

Google is useful as a means to search for old posts, but that's about
it.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

many thanks.

Ken Knott

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:45:24 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

Please get yourself a proper newsreader program like Free Agent, or
one of a number of others - even Outlook Express is better than using
web sites (especially Google) to make Usenet postings.

Then all that you need is access to a news server (your ISP should
have this, or failing that sign up at news.individual.net).

All of the proper etiquette things for posting to Usenet and easier
reading from it are available with proper newsreaders and you won't
**** people off with lost thread references or confuse them by not
having quotations where needed.

Google is useful as a means to search for old posts, but that's about
it.

I have now managed to set up Free Agent so hopefully this reply shows
appropriate quotes and Lurch won't need to swear at me any more!