Bob Eager

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:09:16 UTC, wrote:

Although I haven't studied it in detail, you might well be right. This
is certainly a great site for people like me with limited DIY
experience.

It's not a great 'site' at all. It's a site someone has set up to grab
all of the discussion on a public newsgroup, repackage it and republish
it as if it were theirs. It's not.

A final (?) point on all this. If this thread is inappropriate and is
being used by spammers, why hasn't the thread been deleted?

The public newsgroup is just that; public. So it can't be done. The
people who run the web site you're using can't be bothered, as it
involves actual work.

Why not set up a newsreader to read uk.d-i-y directly, and cut out the
middleman?
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!